3. Explorer of the Seas
This was a great cruise the ports of call were all easy to access. Port shuttles were available where needed although some of the ports were easy to get around without. The embarkation and disembarkation were smooth and well organised although finding the cases on the port was a little like finding a needle in a haystack with very little room in between rows of cases to manoeuvre the trolley. The ice show was great, last time we were on the explorer we had to book tickets for the show however they are now allocating tickets depending on your muster station but it worked out well for us. The theatre shows were mostly very good, there was a ventriloquist who was the best I have ever seen and so funny I LOL. We ate in the main dinning room which was great although I was disappointed that we could only get lobster if we paid the extra cost but the food was tasty and varied which is all I ever want when on holiday. The waiters were hard working, friendly and polite. All in all a great ship with very helpful, friendly and cheerful staff and a captain who was very visible and made me laugh with some of his announcements although not the one about 'man over board'. There was a report of someone going over board, the ship stopped and the search was on. It turned out to be a false alarm TG but it was a sobering thought, someone out in the dark cold waters. The captain kept everyone informed and it was all resolved happily within 2 hours and the person found on board.

Great cruise shame about the cabin

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by goin4acruise

• Sail Date: May 2015
  • Destination: Europe

goin4acruise’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas price drops

This is the worse balcony cabins we have been in. The cabin was the usual neat, tidy the usual storage options however the balcony was almost useless. We did choose this one however I will do more research next cruise. It was on deck six aft facing which should have been great BUT it was above the staff area (smoke and karaoke do not allow a relaxing atmosphere). Then there's the view off the back of the ship, the design of the aft means that the aft cabins are set back into a frame work which limits the view and you can't look down into the water. I love aft cabins this cabin was terrible I would definitely NOT recommend it. That all said the cabin steward was great, Marlon, he was really helpful. There was 3 of us so as usual cabins are set up to cater for 2, when I left a note for Marlon asking for 3 of everything he got right on it he even brought another sunbed which on other cruises we have had a hard time getting. The ice bucket was always ready for the refreshments and the towel animals were great.
  Explorer of the Seas Deck Plans

• Upper rock your for families
    Great tour saw loads of monkeys and great views Gibraltar is fascinating although we did not have enough time in the museum, I am not usually that into spending extra time in museums but we watched the info film then had to leave and couldn't look round the exhibits but it was interesting what little we did see. The caves were amazing
    View All 12,630 Upper rock your for families Reviews
  • Cascais, Sintra and the beach
    Great tour with amazing sights. All places visited very quaint and interesting. Stops for photo ops were regular and very good choices. Opportunity to shop in most areas as is usual on these tours.
    View All 35 Cascais, Sintra and the beach Reviews
  • Botanical Gardens
    Malaga city tour and botanical gardens. Gardens were very nice although the terrain was a little difficult to traverse if you had mobility the issues at all. Very hilly area with lose shale and stones in places although the garden was very interesting.
    View All 3 Botanical Gardens Reviews
  • Panoramic Cadiz and barbadillo
    Great excursion all well organised tour guide was very well versed and spoke very good English which is just as well as my Spanish is very very limited.
    View All 12,630 Panoramic Cadiz and barbadillo Reviews
  • Southampton
    Embarkation was very organised and took very little time, our cases were taken straight from us at the taxi rank and we saw them next in our cabin There is quite a walk to get on the ship but all easy access.
    View All 959 Southampton Cruise Port Reviews