3. Oasis of the Seas
Royal Caribbean has always been one of our favorite cruise lines, we are just shy of platinum status. I think maybe Oasis was just too big for us. There were too few activities for our arty of 4 - trivia once a day, a couple of line dance classes we could find to do, only 2 shuffle board courts for almost 6000 passengers. one night they said there was a sing along with give aways in the pub. There was a country singer with a guitar. We stayed for an hour. A few people mouthed a few lyrics a couple of times. There was no "sing along" and there was no "give away" of RCCL items. it was a LIE. I'm sure the dear man wondered why his show was suddenly so popular! The piano bar man put us to sleep - he never got started until almost 10pm. What else was there to do, Oh sure, there was Bingo for $$/card, or the standard art auctions, "free" seminars at the spa- all wanting you to buy something in return. I got so tired of the ship always wanting more of my money! Even the ice cream stations closed down at 6pm forcing you to go to the paid ice cream store if you wanted any snack other than a full pizza meal after 8pm. Very frustrating. The shows were very good, but they recommend you get there 15 minutes before the show start, and you have to make reservations. Then our TV in our cabin would give us our schedule every day and tell us the time to be there was 15 minutes earlier than the published time. We ended up standing in line a minimum of 30 minutes for every show we had reservations for every day. When we asked about it the people on the ship said we must be mistaken, no one had ever told them the times were mismatched before. The ports of call were OK - Haiti was the RCCL private island, and we spent most of the time with the sellers saying no thank you - it was exhausting the way they were almost like panhandlers asking your name then carving it on their items and then expecting you to buy things, or telling you something was a gift then begging for you to buy something from them. Jamaica was almost as bad with the exhausting begging. Cozumel has a small port area with almost proprietary shopping, but to get to the "recommended shops" and downtown area, it's a taxi ride ($) there and back. I also missed some of the other little personal touches I've become accustomed to on our other cruises - this was our 15th cruise - we only had towel animals on 3 nights and no chocolates on the pillows. On a positive note, our cabin steward knew us by name, our wait staff in the dining room was fantastic - but there was something missing on this huge impersonal ship.

A little disappointed

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by coffeebeagle

coffeebeagle’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Pros: Cabin had plenty of storage. plenty of room and balcony was nice. Cons: the fridge is stocked with RCCL items so it cannot be used for your own items. I would have loved a foot stool or a lounger of some sort on the balcony. I cannot get comfortable sitting with my feet hanging down in a straight back chair.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans

• Dolphin Swim & Encounter
    Dolphin push, pull and swim, and manatee encounter. They do not let you take pictures and will try to sell you their pictures at the end which are awesome but pricey. But what are you going to do? Just factor that into the price of the excursion and plan to buy them, you will want them. It is worth every penny. This is truly an amazing experience. I loved every minute of it and will treasure it for a lifetime. The guides and trainers were wonderful.
    View All 415 Dolphin Swim & Encounter Reviews
  • Dunn's River Falls
    We chose not to hike the falls, the water was 68 degrees that day. We did enjoy the walk to the falls and getting some good pictures. The bad part is the constant begging by the locals asking for tips (even the tour guide and bus driver) and the locals expecting you to buy something. It was like running the gauntlet trying to get out of the park! They stopped at an overpriced restaurant for jerk chicken at the end - it was good - but I was exhausted from the constant badgering to buy and give money.
    View All 219 Dunn's River Falls Reviews