3. Star Legend
We've sailed on the Legend when she was part of the Seabourn Line, so we know what this ship offers, the plus and minuses. I'm not going to compare my service experience to Seabourn, as this is a totally different line. My review will be based on a line such as Celebrity or Princess Sailing. Positive The refurbished interior is done very good. I'm an Interior Designer and I like what they did with the staterooms and the main dining room looks great. Staff, very friendly and working hard to do what they could to help (For 98%) State room attendant did a fantastic job, we would go to breakfast and when we came back the room was serviced and clean. The ports of call, small ships get you into some of the best kept ports. They allow you two bottles of wine per person to bring on board. Yacht Club, great place for coffee in the morning. Access to the bridge, very cool. And I can't remember her name but there's a women on the bridge was very good at explaining instruments and sailing. The food, was very good. Cables dining at the rear of the ship is set up as a grill, the veal chop was really good. They ask you dine only once at candles as its limited in seating. We were lucky and had dinner here twice, one night the weather was cool and reservations cancelled, we antipcapted this happening and walked up hoping to get a table and scored. The deck party was great, great selection and good tasting. Overall the food, Better than the big lines, but not Seabourn. Negative This ship is sorely under staffed! You would think as this was the second week sailing, they would over staff to handle a new vessel. Dinner was a time consuming affair. Not enough service staff and everyone tends to come to dinner at the same time. Food was good, but surprised they didn't offer more regional offerings. Indian food was offered a couple of nights, interesting but not for Spain & Portugal. They did not have enough wine on board , the previous sailing had consumed most of the offerings and our first night the wine selection was limited. The bar staff would close the deck bar at 7:30 because he needed to go down to the restaurant, and there's 14 people drinking at the bar. As drinks are not included you would think they would have a well staffed bar. Forget about ordering food at the bar. You need to go to the stateroom and place a room service order? I know sounds weird but it's the only way to get a plate of cheese or appetizer at the bar. Midnight, bars close! So who cares if your hanging out with new friends and it's just taken you 2 1/2 hours to eat dinner and you sat down at 8:30. And, if you have a liquor you like and they don't have it, well too bad. Really, we are paying by the glass get some XO Patron Cafe. A couple of pours you've paid for the bottle. I think this is a Windstar issue, they should allow managers to handle simple issues as picking up a bottle. Internet- when we came on board they recommended we not sign on for the internet packages. The reception said it was slow. Well, it's not super fast but when you are at sea you should expect this kind of issue. We found if only one of us used the service at one time it worked pretty good. Another couple didn't sign up and half way through the trip they received a call from the cellular provider they had a $1200 cellular bill. Buy the intent packages and turn off the cellular data roaming so this won't happen to you. Laundry offer, this one I have to say REALLY! They put a laundry offer for $98 have your laundry done, all week! But they turn around and tell you it was a mistake offer, should be $125. I had to laugh at this one, why would you even tell guests you screwed up and ask them to pay the difference. Eat it! Don't even ask your guests this kind of thing! A crew member called us three times on our 8 day cruise between 3:00-5:30 AM looking for the boss. We were in room 125, and I expect "The Boss" had a similar stateroom number. When we called reception on the 3rd occasion, to see if the issue could be resolved you would have thought I was speaking in Latin. She was of no help, and if she didn't get the problem she should have had the Hotel manager contact us. Shore Excursion we landed in Gilbrator and had a limited amount if time. I had booked our shore excursion online prior to boarding the ship. Tickets were in our stateroom upon our arrival, so everyday we pulled them out and arrived at our designated area. We hoped on our bus and realized they put us and three other couple on the wrong tour. Very disappointing, as this will be a port we will never be in again. We didn't make it to the top of the rock! Check your tickets carefully. And, the other is due wax finding out you can get off the boat and do the same tour at 1/2 the price. Pool Redesign, not a fan. They have pulled out the pool and installed a once piece pool or over sized hot tub up on a large deck. Plus, they chose to clean the pool when we at sea. I feel this should be done when we are at port. The staff was using pool towels from the deck to clean the pool. Strange, latter I started wondering if a guest had an accident in the pool :( We docked in Palma, other cruise ships provided transpiration into the city. When we docked, we couldn't even find a cab to take. Nor could the other 20 guests standing around. Rooms, I love the rooms and the bathrooms. Our room the sound system wasn't working after the second day. We called reception but no one showed up to look at it. I thought this was dangerous, we couldn't hear any of the announcements. And we were lucky, some people lost hot water. I guess our timing for showers worked as we didn't have this problem. Pillows, they offered fiber pillows only. Entertainment- they had 2. Two piece bands this was Ok. A real band would have been nice. Flamingo dancers one late afternoon, but the timing was off. It was around the time everyone was returning from shore.

Disappointing

Star Legend Cruise Review by Melindadeigan@gmail.com

• Sail Date: May 2015
  • Destination: Spain

Positive

Staff, very friendly and working hard to do what they could to help (For 98%)

The ports of call, small ships get you into some of the best kept ports.

They allow you two bottles of wine per person to bring on board.

Yacht Club, great place for coffee in the morning.

Negative

Melindadeigan@gmail.com’s Full Rating Summary
Get Windstar Star Legend price drops

All suite ship. No matter what floor you are on they all look the same. With the exception of a few upper end suites. Some offer doors that open but no balcony. Save your money and go for any suite on deck four.
  Star Legend Deck Plans

• Barcelona
    Loved Barcelona, great city to visit.
    Nice people, great food and fantastic site seeing. Stay at El Palace Barcelona wonderful old hotel. Book directly and you get a better room. Drink sangria and eat tapas. Great shopping and out door dining all over the city.
    View All 2,209 Barcelona Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Barcelona Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    The cruise line put us on the wrong tour. Thus one you drive around a bus and they take you to the cave. The Dave us impressive and you will see a few monkeys. I would never booked this tour. Go on the cable cars those who went to the top loved it! Oh-get off the boat and do the tour on your own, you will have a better experience and save you 1/2 the price. It's a very small area.
    View All 33 City Tour Reviews
  • Alhambra Palace and Gardens
    Wow, very cool place to visit. A long drive from the port. Our guide was very good, she was a bit upset with our captain as our boat arrived late. So the tour was cut short. It was expensive, but I'm glad we did it. I didn't have time to read up before hand, so I I was wonderfully impressed. Great lunch, Hugh lunch lots of wine so you can snooze on the two hour drive back to the boat. Take a pillow or blanket to roll up and use the time to catch up on sleep. On the drive up there's some cool sites, such as the spaghetti western lots and homes built into the mountains. Enjot
    View All 51 Alhambra Palace and Gardens Reviews
  • Bicycle Tour
    Bike tour with two stops for tapas and drinks. Thus was a great way to see the city. Palma has bike lanes and the city is use to the bike traffic. We arrived on a Sunday and we were concerned nothing would be open so we opted for this tour. Our guide was great and the Tapas were tied into the tour explaining some of the history of the food. There were four in our group, so perfect size. Bikes were in perfect condition and easy to ride. I recommend doing something like this as a tour for the city.
    View All 20 Bicycle Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    Motorized bike tour, Seville is hot! We were there early June at it was over 100, these bikes make it easy to get around and see some fantastic sites in the city. Just using a motorized bike is pretty cool. Our guide was knowledgable. We booked an independent tour and our party of four was perfect. My only issue, I wish they had included a stop for some tapas and a drink. Water is provided, but a small break would be nice. Loved Seville and this was a perfect way to enjoy the city.
    View All 24 City Tour Reviews