3. Carnival Conquest
We had a wonderful 8 days on board the Conquest! We stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites Airport Cruiseport pre-cruise and had a good experience. Embarkation went very smoothly. We were from hotel and onto ship in about 45 minutes. Enjoyed our first two sea days. The main pool/lido area was uncomfortably packed, but we were able to enjoy the aft pool which was much less crowded, and we were always able to find either a table or chairs. Our wait staff was just wonderful. They were so friendly and warm and made the entire dinner experience something to look forward to. We were all very sad to say goodbye to Iketut, Adrian, and Michael our last night. The food was good overall, but there were some disappointments. The steaks were generally overcooked. If you want any pink, you must order medium rare. Our cabin steward was extremely efficient, but not as friendly as some. However, he did his job well, and that's all that matters. The cruise director, Brian, was so fun and energetic really adding to the fun in "Fun Ship." St. Martin/St. Maarten: We chose Bernard tours. Junior was our guide, and it was a great day. My favorite was Orient Beach. What a beautiful beach! We also enjoyed the pastries at Sarafina's in Marigot. St. Kitts: My favorite port! My Island Tours by Javin was incredible. From the lava rocks, to the rain forest, to snorkeling a ship wreck, to beach time. Really perfect day, and when you're done, you feel like you really know the island and its people and culture. San Juan: What a gorgeous city! Only complaint is that the port time here was way too short! We opted to just walk around and see El Morro and explore a bit. The trolleys are extremely hard to catch, so we ended up walking, and it was HOT! Still so happy to have seen Old San Juan. Grand Turk: Just spent the afternoon at Margaritaville. Didn't love it, but really enjoyed a cool, freshwater pool with some space to spread out. Beach was just ok. We were never able to take advantage of the Dive In Movies because of the scheduling. We had late seating dinner. I wish they would start the 2nd movie after 10 for this reason. Things to work on: There need to be more food options available in the afternoon. After coming in from the port, you can basically have a hot dog, pizza, or blue iguana. We made do, but I wish Guys was open the same hours as the cantina. After 2:30, options get too limited. Debarkation was much worse than embarkation. Apparently a lot of folks went down before their scheduled time as two announcements were made about that. We were one of the last due to a late flight, and the line off the boat was short, but customs was NOT. Took forever to wind through that warehouse which was not Carnival's fault. Overall we had a great time. I have heard comments here about the ship being stinky or showing age. I did not notice any of that. I thought the Conquest was lovely, the staff was incredible, and all of the six in our party did not want our wonderful cruise to end.

Did not want this cruise to end!

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by modernscarlett

• Sail Date: May 2015
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony

modernscarlett’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8N 8457
Our balcony was right next to the corner aft wrap, and therefore larger than the other aft balconies. It was our little slice of heaven! Only thing to note is that the movement of the ship is much more pronounced here if you are sensitive to that. The location is very convenient to the aft pool and lido buffet.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins