• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Quantum of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
4 Awards

My terribly romantic images of cruising vs. the cruise business

Review for Quantum of the Seas to Transatlantic
soulGrafitti
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2015
Cabin:

This is a brand new, very sophisticated ship. Some things work really well and some don't. Unsurprisingly the most impressive bright spots I recall involve crew members doing a particularly good job. The technology never really shined and it never felt like it was making my life better (I am a tech guy from Silicon Valley, btw) but was acutely tuned to making more money for RC.

Bright spots:

-The cabin was great. Intelligently designed, comfortable and a pleasure to be in.

Port Reviews

Ponta Delgada

We literally docked downtown with a 10 minute walk to the center. Lovely town and the people there seemed happy to see us. We wandered quite a way off the beaten path to a beer garden set up for a local fair. Great local food and a friendly server with good English made it a memorable visit.

Palma de Mallorca (Majorca)

A long walk into town along the water. Observed the largest collection of private yatchs I've ever seen. Off the tourist-track the shop owners were friendly and helpful. Easy to find good food and almost any little restaurant. This is one of the places we want to go back to.

previous reviewnext review