3. AmaSonata
My husband and I were somewhat apprehensive of a river cruise with a view to the confinement onboard a small ship and my first thoughts were "what are we going to do whilst sailing - will it be boring. However we spent a lovely week on board the Ama Sonata, the food at all meals was delicious as was the wine at meal times and although it was classed as House wine it was the best House Wine I have ever drank. The hours and days just seem to drift by. We met some lovely people and hopefully we will stay in touch The staff in the restaurant could not do enough for you in particular Francis who served our table most of the time. The cabin was comfortable and well designed utilizing every space. The bed was also very comfortable. Wi FI in your cabin was a bonus allowing you to keep in touch with family. The excursions were well organized and although you were asked to make your choices at the beginning of the cruise you could easily change on the day. there was entertainment on a few evenings and also a resident pianist who played music relating to the Era of the passengers. We particularly enjoyed Cologne and the guide Marcus was excellent so entertaining and added a bit of humour to the tour. Bob and Jess Hefford

Enchanting Rhine on the Ama Sonata commencing 13/5/15

AmaSonata Cruise Review by jess hefford

The hours and days just seem to drift by.

We met some lovely people and hopefully we will stay in touch

Bob and Jess Hefford
jess hefford’s Full Rating Summary

Cabin ?
Excellent. Ample room to store everything and the concierge who cleaned our cabin was very friendly and efficient.
Good standard of mattress - very comfortable
  AmaSonata Deck Plans

• Cologne Old Town
    Tour Guide, Marcus, was very entertaining whilst imparting the history of Cologne he was humorous and made the tour more interesting that just history.
    View All 33 Cologne Old Town Reviews