3. Carnival Valor
Just got back from a fabulous time on the Valor, and what a great trip! This was primarily due to the fact that this ship is very well organized, attractive, clean, and has lots of entertainment options that fit all kinds of lifestyles especially if you're looking for a lively, friendly, happy crowd of relaxed people. Carnival allows all cabin levels the same options. We ate dinner in the main dining room, open seating where the meals were beautifully prepared and seasoned just perfectly with lots of options. So good were the meals, that we never chose to eat in the specialty dining room steakhouse (I heard the dining there was superb). I enjoyed the outdoor big screen, music, Punchliner comedy shows, art auctions, many choices of breakfast & lunch restaurants, etc. Late night we went to the disco which was a blast and quite busy. There were plenty of kids on board, but they never got in the way because there are so many supervised activities for them. The children were well behaved and well mannered! There were a lot of singles aged 18 - 30. I'd say over all there were all ages. It was one of the best cruises I've taken even though it rained in Belize and Cozumel. Roatan has the best snorkeling comparable to Hawaii's.

Much Better Than Expected

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by spunkychk

spunkychk’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Valor price drops

Ocean Suite
Cabin OS 7266
Lots of granite and beautiful wood trim. Loved the dressing room with well lighted vanity and closet for private dressing. The bath tub jacuzzi was perfect after a long day on excursions! Very quiet and centrally located - close to the elevators, but I never heard the ding ding ding someone else mentioned in their cabin.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Snorkeling
    Since the snorkeling was canceled due to supposed rough water, I can't vouch for how good it was. My lower rating is because the water didn't seem that rough at all - maybe for beginners. We just ended up hanging on the ship for the day.
    View All 174 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Segway Tour
    What a blast! The 1 hour trip south to a cute little resort town was exceptional. We ended up at a wonderful resort with a beautiful beach, restaurant service on the beach. We had salsa & guacamole and chips and margaritas. I think I'll go there sometime ... it's a 4 hour trip from Cancun far from the madding crowds.
    View All 28 Segway Tour Reviews
  • Salsa & Salsa
    My travel mate wanted this excursion, and I'm glad we did it! I loved making the 6 different kinds of salsa and the quacomole. The margaritas or non-alcoholic punch flowed freely. The salsa dancing was fun! The resort was beautiful. You could stay there longer by the pool or go back earlier. There was no beach but it was set up for easy swimming and snorkeling.
    View All 88 Salsa & Salsa Reviews
  • Port Canaveral (Orlando)
    Very pleasant, friendly, well organized port facility. I recommend hiring someone to haul your baggage for you. Since I live in the vicinity of Port Canaveral, I recommend staying in Cocoa Beach. It's only 1 hr away from Disney World and Universal Studios so a day there would be perfect for a tie in with the cruise.
    View All 2,141 Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Review
  • Island Tour
    Maya Caye with snorkeling and lunch was delightful for all ages! The food was fabulous, the wild animals wonderful, and the snorkeling was some of the best I've ever done! For extra you can swim with the dolphins etc.
    View All 224 Island Tour Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    Mayan Caye with snorkeling and lunch was fabulous. I was happy to know that the resort helps sustain an animal rescue operation which include lots of gorgeous parrots and macaws, all kinds of South American cats, adorable monkeys, etc. PLUS the beach was beautiful with lots of palm trees. The snorkeling was some of the best I've ever done (I'm also a diver so I've seen a lot of reefs... this was one of the best), and the food was fabulous. Drinks were extra but fairly reasonable.
    View All 290 Snorkeling Reviews