3. Norwegian Getaway
I have been on 5 RCI cruises in the past couple years. This seemed like a good itinerary so we thought we would give NCL a try. It wasn't terrible, but not to the standards of RCI. Our 1st night dining experience in Savor was very disappointing. The staff seemed very overwhelmed, and it took about 2 hours for a very basic dinner. I requested a birthday cake for my son 3 times, and left without every receiving it. We also had a very good experience in Savor on the 2nd to last night, so overall it was hit or miss. The venues seemed incredibly small for a ship this size. It appears that they max'd out the rooms at the expense of the common areas. The theatre was very small and generally sold out at the time we boarded. As another critic said, it appears that NCL was trying to steer everyone to one of the fee based restaurants. The comedy shows are in a place called 'Headliners' that holds about 100 people, so it was hard to get a ticket. For a ship this size I was surprised at how small the atrium area was. The ports were very good. I would recommend Blue Lagoon if you go to the Bahamas. You are able to watch the dolphin and sea lion feedings for free. Water was beautiful.

It's no Royal Carribean

beachbum518’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window
Cabin OA 9102
We booked an ocean view room, which had a view of a canopy and a steel bulkhead. When we asked to be switched we were told 'Ocean View doesn't necessarily mean that there will be a view of the Ocean'. You can't make this stuff up.

The blind that covered the window was broken for 3 of the 7 days, so no sunlight either. Ug..
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins