3. MSC Poesia
Let me start off by saying that my wife and I are Americans and have cruised many times and traveled throughout southern Europe before. We are not ones to complain, more or less we assume everyone is doing the best they can. But this cruise was pathetic. Wanting to enjoy a vacation with mixed cultures, to enjoy the differences in culture and language, so we booked a 7 day western European cruise from Genoa. We never anticipated that we would be the only English only speaking Americans. On the first day we saw that the size of the ocean view cabin was half the size as depicted in the brochure. When I inquired they said, after unbelievable miscommunication, that was the normal size for 2 people. The picture was for four people. No room cleaning that day. After the third night of being alarmingly awoken at 3m with yelling and banging when they began loading the next ports luggage right outside our cabin. At 3am I called guest services and said "What the hell are you doing outside our room", to which I got the reply "you are being rude" and hung up. Still no room cleaning, got my own clean towels off the hallway cart. The next day a message to see front desk. They arranged for us to move to another cabin. We moved ourselves. Then surprisingly, they sent up a bottle of champagne and a dozen chocolate truffles, which arrived just as we were heading out to dinner. We open the bottle of champagne and tasted it, and tasted 2 truffles. Not bad. Then we come back from dinner 2 hours later and the bottle of champagne and truffles were gone! Still the room was not cleaned. It never was cleaned the entire cruise. The service at the bar or any service counter was comical. I walked up to the bar and attempt to order a martini. After 5 minutes finally getting one of the tenders attention, I was told to get a waitress. Then I waited for a waitress another 5 minutes, which then went and gave the very same order to the same bar tender all while sitting there in front of him. It was almost like I was interrupting them. On other cruise lines they almost trip over each other attempting to serve you, and they know your name and drink by the end of the first day. Europeans must be very use to "queing" as they say. Imagine 5,000 people on a single ship getting back on a single gang plank. On this ship, there is usually only one person checking cards. And you know when the little old lady has trouble finding her card, even though she has been in line for 20 minutes. And the entire line comes to a screeching halt, and not one person thinks that's unusual. Not one person seems to think it would be a good idea for the other card checker, if there is one, who is just standing around talking to the other card checker, that they should step the old lady aside and allow the line to continue to move. We just laughed as we stood there, in line, waiting and waiting. Some cruise lines want you to think that you are sailing on a grand, huge and wonderful ship. But the reality is someone thought it was a good idea to jam 3 or 4 extra cabin levels onto a normal ship and have twice as many people share the same amenities. Everywhere you went there were lines, no chairs, crowded elevators, and poor service. The food was the exact same thing every morning, consistently running out. The dinner was good and entertaining. There were little of nighttime shows. Although myself and my wife are fairly attractive people and fairly friendly, there was not much talking amongst the various tribes of Europe and certainly not with us. The Germans would stare, the French would just nod, and the Italians would just walk into you. Imagine 6 or 7 different cultures frantically trying to get a cup of coffee from a single pot. It was really interesting in a sad kind of way. Elevator rides were crammed with no one speaking. We have had wonderful experiences in Italy and around, but I guess that was just "tourist business friendly". I had read the reviews, and just thought, the service crew just came together for the first year and maybe have not had enough time to work out the flow of things. No, even now they were miserable overworked and not helpful or caring. Never again MSC.

So Bad It Was Funny!

MSC Poesia Cruise Review by tomonthebay

Never again MSC.
tomonthebay’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Poesia price drops

half the size as the pictures.
Pictured - king bed in front of window with small end tables with couch on one side and desk/table on other side, assuming bathroom as you open the door.

Reality - double single bed together in front of window with small end tables, corner shelf small corner end table on the other and small bathroom as you open the door.

And no one came to clean the room. We left the tag out to "clean the room" and the tag was turned around to "do not disturb" twice!
  MSC Poesia Deck Plans