3. MSC Orchestra
This was to be our holiday cruise of a life time. We had previously cruised with MSC 5 times including several long ocean crossings although not as long as this one. Took the staff more than 3 days to clean the boat - we left Dubai in a terrible sand storm. We noticed a lot of the little touches were missing - right down to the MSC pens and notepads!! People at our table came down with a terrible virus just a couple of days out. They said that people on their bus in Mumbai were sick and coughing. whether the virus was already on board or whether someone brought it on board is irrelevant -ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WAS DONE BY MSC TO CONTAIN THIS VIRUS. The gentleman from our table actually got hospitalised on board at an outrageous expense. On speaking to people it was the cost of the doctors that prohibited many from going to seek medical help. But what help are antibiotics against a virus - NONE!! My husband got this virus in Langkowi - only lasted 3 days. He got sick again after Singapore and was incredibly sick and remained in the cabin with me bring him fruit, juices, cups of tea and water. I used up all our medications e.g. panadol, throat lozenges etc on my husband but was lucky enough to be given extra panadol from some lovely passengers we met. By this time in excess of 50% of the passengers were sick and the dining rooms were nearly empty. At no time did MSC or their staff implement any preventative health measures. Under their rules they have the power to confine contagious people to their cabins!! Not done!! I succumbed to the virus after Bali - luckily by this time my husband was making a slight recovery and so he took on the role of looking after me while I stayed in our cabin. We went ashore in Brisbane to buy whatever we could get our hands on to make ourselves feel a little better and hopefully recover faster from the virus. Sadly all that happened is that we absolutely wore ourselves out, probably spread the virus to all and sundry in Brisbane and got back to the ship in a relapsed state!!! We had contemplated leaving the ship in Brisbane - in retrospect that would have been the best decision!! We both just got sicker - so finally made the decision to leave the ship in Sydney. I was so sick that I went to the medical centre - they took no notes, and basically told me to leave the ship if I felt I was that sick - and didn't charge me. According to their records I did not ever visit the doctor!! Were they getting concerned about the large numbers of sick people attending the medical centre and do they have to make official reports when a certain number of people on board report unwell??? From our point of view this trip was an absolute shocker. We contacted MSC on many, many occasions and are yet to receive an adequate response from them. It feels like they hope we tire of complaining and give up!! We were booked to cruise from Genoa to Durban (South Africa) in October with MSC, but have just cancelled. They refunded our money less the non-refundable deposit, but at no time have they contacted us to find out why or to offer any sort of solution. THEY JUST DONT CARE!! - that much is obvious. WOULD NEVER, EVER, EVER RECOMMEND MSC TO ANYONE!!! I could go on, but I'm sure you get the message - the cruise was an absolute shocker. We felt really concerned about the people joining this ship in Australia for the Gallipoli cruise. Reading reports it seems the majority of them got sick too!! Unless this ship is taken out of action and cleaned properly they will never get rid of this virus. SHOCKING, SHOCKING, SHOCKING

Inaugural Cruise MSC orchestra - dubai to perth

MSC Orchestra Cruise Review by Judieb

From our point of view this trip was an absolute shocker.

WOULD NEVER, EVER, EVER RECOMMEND MSC TO ANYONE!!!

SHOCKING, SHOCKING, SHOCKING
Judieb’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Orchestra price drops

Cabin staff excellent.
But the cabins are only adequate with very small bathrooms.
My husband and I are fit and not overweight - How some people cope with the size of the bathrooms I cant even imagine.
  MSC Orchestra Deck Plans