• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Navigator of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

Great cruise followed by massive letdown at customs.

Review for Navigator of the Seas to the Western Caribbean
gchung
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jul 2014
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

My wife and I were first time cruisers and I thought it would be nice to take a cruise to Belize, Roatan and Cozumel through Galveston. Embarkation was easy and I have to say, I was very impressed with Royal Carribbean service on board. The food was good, if not exceptional and there was plenty to do on sea days. We were not bored. We had an ocean view room and the room service was exceptional.

The on board entertainment we enjoyed most (surprisingly) was the stand up comic. The guy was hilarious. Food wise, we tended to stay away from the Windjammer cafe, I'm not a huge fan of buffet food, but on the occasions we ate there, it was acceptable. Our table mates at the main dining hake were pretty uninteresting so we opted to eat out. The latin/fusion restaurant was the least impressive of the lot. But otherwise I would say the cruise was good value for the money.

It was the disembarkation where Royal Carribbean fell down. It might have been poor coordination with the TSA (whom I also blame btw) but we waited over 3 hours to move the 100 feet to go through customs. I felt awful for the British citizen who missed his flight. This experience has convinced me that we will never sail out of Galveston again. It was a miserable end to what was otherwise an excellent cruise. Oh well.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

The cain was excellent, particularly on the sea days. We literally spend hours watching the flying fish. The shower was a bit small but then again, we aren't fat so it worked fine.

Find a Navigator of the Seas Cruise from $150