3. Norwegian Getaway
My experience on this ship was terrible and by far the most worst experience of a cruise. The food in all if the main dining rooms was terrible and the same exact menu and taste like food that was processed/frozen. Let's don't mention the food in the Garden Cafe! That was the nastiest unidentifiable food I have ever seen and tasted. The food made me sick, increased inflammation in my body and made me swell. When I disembarked on May30, 2015, I looked like Nutty Professor's daughter. The food also caused some allergic reaction to make me break out in my face and on both arms with an itch, as well as caused sinus congestion. I was perfectly fine when I embarked May 23, 2015. I complained about the food and they tried everything to make it right, but at that time, whatever they did could not be rectified. The decor of the ship was cheap. It looked like they decorated with nothing but veneer; nothing was made from genuine material. The beds in the stateroom looked like they have been slept in for years like they were sinking in the middle. For this to be a new ship or refurbished ship (which I think), the beds should have been plush and fairly new, but they weren't! My balcony was so filthy with salt from the sea. I had to take a towel and clean the banister of my balcony and my mother’s balcony. There was also a build-up of dirt and hair on the floor of the balcony that did not get cleaned by our Room Steward until the last day of our cruise. On Wednesday after leaving Tortola, the Captain was sailing his ass off like he was in the Indy 500 running a race to Nassau causing the ship to sway from side to side and dip from front to back. My elderly mother who sailed for her very first time on this piece of crap couldn't hardly stand up for the unnecessary motion of this raggedy ship and neither could no one else. I sailed on Disney for the very first time and it was nothing like sailing on the Getaway. Another thing, I went to Guest Services to ask for them to help me check-in for my flight with Delta the next day and they told me that they did not have internet access at the front desk and that they could only print my boarding pass. Well, in order to print my boarding pass, don't you have to access the internet to pull them up to print? Yeah, exactly! So that was a BIG lie in order to get my $9.95 for accessing the internet on my own to print my boarding pass. Disney was happing to check me in for my flight and print the boarding passes with no issues. I had an altercation with one of the guests in another stateroom from my balcony, notified security and they did nothing! I'm not even sure if they understood what I was saying. There are so many Filipino’s (700 out of 1633 crew members) that work on that ship who cannot communicate effectively to solve any problem. Norwegian has been in business too long to get as many bad reviews as I have read. They have no organization. Disembarkation to Customs was a nightmare!!! I will NEVER sail on anything Norwegian has to offer again. Disney is the best cruise line and that's who I will be making reservations with in the future. When you know better, you choose better. I should have gone with my first mind, but I wanted to take a vacation that cost me a little less because I was paying for five (5) people and at the time, Disney would have cost me thousands. The saying, "you get what you pay for" is a true statement and I got exactly what I paid for: • Bad food • Horrible customer service • Sailing on a refurbished ship with terrible motion, vibration, and noisy You asked for my review, so here you have it...the truth! Best regards, Valerie F.

NORWEGIAN GETAWAY, HMMMMMMM!

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by vdfuller

• Sail Date: May 2015
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

• Bad food

• Horrible customer service

• Sailing on a refurbished ship with terrible motion, vibration, and noisy

You asked for my review, so here you have it...the truth!

Best regards,

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BC 9742
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Miami
    There is nothing bad to say about the Port of Miami. I enjoyed my short time there and looking forward to porting from there again soon. Hopefully, I will make another cruise reservation next year from there.
    View All 2,457 Miami Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Miami Cruise Port Review
  • Island Tour
    Duane was great at giving us a tour of Nassau as we used him last year on our Disney cruise. He was very knowlegeble about things going on in Nassau. We will continue to use him in the future...he comes highly recommended.
    View All 309 Island Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    Had a great time in St. Thomas. We toured the island on our own with a Tour Guide. He took us to various places on the Mountaintop. It was an awesome experience.
    View All 106 City Tour Reviews
  • Rum Distillery
    Had a great experience. There wasn't much to do here. We were given a tour throughout the island and our Tour Guide was very knowledgeable about Tortola.
    View All 13 Rum Distillery Reviews