3. Marella Dream
This is the 4th time I have travelled on the Thomson Dream around the Caribbean and thoroughly enjoyed it. The flight to Montego Bay on the Dreamliner was a pleasant experience. The only issue was the waiting around for immigration at Montego Bay airport, but it was not a really big deal.I am a single traveller and booked the only single cabin on deck 7, which is aft. I only had to step out of my cabin to walk out onto one of the lower aft sun/viewing decks. The cabin was a very good size for one person, and was kept spotlessly clean. One of the main reasons for choosing this itinerary was to visit Cuba, and I was not disappointed, it was a fantastic place full of contradictions, from the Soviet style old buildings to the Latin influenced culture and buildings, and the local people in Havana were lovely. The Cayman Islands although expensive was a beautiful place, and Cozumel off Mexico was also nice. The Thomson Dream is a perfect sized ship, personally when I see these larger cruise ships come alongside they remind me of blocks of high rise flats, which are totally lacking in any character or personality. The Thomson Dream has character, yes it is old and a bit tired, but consider that you are at sea; and the same maintenance and order of things does not apply as when you are on land. Having spent 17 years in the Royal Navy (including nuclear and diesel submarines) and living and sleeping in all conditions, the Thomson Dream is the height of luxury. The ship is a vehicle to visit some lovely places. As for food - I have always eat in the buffet restaurants and have never found there to be an issue. There are plenty of sanitisers stationed at the start of the buffet (although there are some individuals who do not use them, and would be the first to complain if norovirus swept throughout the ship). During the first few days the staff serve the food, which is fine. The range of food has always been very good, there is something for everyone, if not you can always ask. Overall I found my experiences on the Thomson Dream to be nothing but positive. I have also travelled on the Thomson Celebration and had a good experience. I have already booked next years cruise on the Thomson Dream to do the Mayan Treasures itinerary.

Cuban Fusion - an excellent holiday

Marella Dream Cruise Review by Probins

Probins’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Dream price drops

A lovely cabin, with a lovely ocean view on deck 7. It was spacious, kept clean by the cabin staff, and had plenty of drawer and wardrobe space.
  Marella Dream Deck Plans