3. Carnival Sensation
While I had never been on a cruise my partner had (RCL not Carnival) and thus had a better comparison than I. Neither of us really knew what to expect from the ship, but I don't think either of us was disappointed. We arrived at the port an hour and a half before the listed boarding time, only to find that the ship was already boarding. Since we had FTF we just checked our bags and walked on in. Embarkation was easy, and we were on the boat about 20 minutes after parking and unloading the car. Once we boarded we immediately went to our stateroom (R147) which was ready and waiting. We met our room steward who was excellent, and then we left our things and headed for the Lido deck. We got lunch at the buffet, and it was very good. I've seen some reviews complaining of the food, but everything I ate over the course of four days was tasty. Having never been on a cruise before, but also never getting motion sick, I held off on taking drugs. A big regret, I would soon find. I was fine until we hit open water, and after about 30-45 minutes I began to feel dizzy. I took some dramamine, but it was a bit to late. I never got sick, but the dizziness persisted. In the end I got in bed and stayed there, only getting up to eat room service (also good). Turned out there was a lot of wind and the water was rough, I was not the only one who did not feel great. I was fine when we docked in Freeport, and enjoyed our tour there that we booked through Carnival. This time I took medicine a couple of hours before we left port, and again as we were in motion. It did help, though I found that I could not tolerate the dining room or the show lounge. Both made me feel extremely dizzy, though I think with the dining room it was the windows open on both sides and viewing something in motion out of my peripheral vision. The show lounge is in the front of the boat, however, and even my friend who did not get sick any other time felt it there and we couldn't stay for a show. Other than that things were great! The one meal I ate in the dining room on formal night was great, and the wait staff was wonderful. The Mexican buffet was fun, if a bit late for some stomachs, and everyone was so helpful. Our room was clean and looked updated, and I have no complaints! The only thing I did not like was how pushy the vendors were in Nassau. Terrible, truly.

First Time Cruiser Was Not Dissapointed

Sammah’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sensation price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B R147
Very nice and clean! We asked for our beds to be put together to give us more space, and while it was not done when we boarded, our steward made sure it was taken care of for us asap. With everything put away and luggage under the bed we had tons of room.

The bathroom was spacious and SUPER clean, I was impressed! We had no issues with plumbing or anything being broken or going awry. I wish the window would have been cleaner, but our view was spectacular so I had nothing really to complain about!
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• City Tour
    We booked a city tour through Carnival for $35 a person. For the price it was really nice, and it gave us something to do besides shop. We weren't comfortable taking off on our own on our first time here, so it was a nice way to spend the day.
    View All 42 City Tour Reviews
  • Nassau
    Getting off the boat here was...overwhelming. We were immediately bombarded by vendors, some of whom were rather pushy and rude. One man got angry because he didn't hear me tell him hello, and he followed me until I had to finally snap at him.

We ended up going to Junkanoo beach, which was a bit of a bummer. Not a very nice beach, even though it's free. Glass everywhere, which was a bit of a let down. We ended up doing some shopping and taking our time walking back to the boat. Next time I go, if I do, I will book an excursion.
    View All 5,906 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
  • Port Canaveral (Orlando)
    Very well organized. The parking was simple and we paid ahead of time, which was super convenient. The lines inside were long but we had FTF so we went right through.
    View All 2,152 Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Reviews