i have always wanted to try a P&O cruise, I have sailed on princess and Cunard but had heard lots of good things about P&O so after booking a balcony cabin on Arcadia which was pretty expensive I was expecting great things. We boarded Arcadia and this was pretty quick with no problems, the cabin was ok, not great just average not much space to dress etc and very dark by the wardrobes, making it difficult to find what you were looking for. But we managed. The TV channels were ok but loads and loads of repeats day after day. I have to say this ship is very much geared towards the elderly, every bar you go into for pre dinner drinks is the same boring entertainment a singer and a man on an organ or a group with an organ or a man on a piano, makes you want to go to sleep...it's probably fantastic if your 70 but I'm mid 50s and nothing made me want to stay in a bar longer than half an hour. Bored silly. Look out for the disabled buggys I was almost mowed down daily while attempting to get breakfast. Food was nice in restaurant but the buffet again was same every day. We paid extra to eat in speciality restaurants. Very good but when you have paid a lot for your cruise already you shouldn't need to pay extra for good food. I was excited to see in the screening room they were showing second best exotic marigold hotel...oops when we settled in they showed the first one, when I queried this it was sorry wrong disc on ship...halfway through cruise I ordered my tipple a grey goose and diet coke ! Sorry madam we have run out of diet coke, only diet Pepsi,which I hate. All in all very disappointing cruise..Russia and Estonia best ports. Great crew.

Decidedly average unfortunately

Gillphilc’s Full Rating Summary
Get Arcadia price drops

Deluxe Stateroom with Balcony and Bath/Shower
Cabin DC A50
Large bed pretty comfortable, large TV but too many repeats. Bath pointless its tiny can only use the shower, balcony good size with recliner chairs. Lighting very dim in cabin. Hairdryer cuts out if you have longer hair as it over heats. No make up/ shaving magnifying mirror.
  Arcadia Deck Plans