3. Celebrity Summit
After tons of research here on cruise critic we booked celebrity summit because it included the classic drink package and gratuities and $300 onboard credit. We had a C3 concierge class cabin on deck 8, 8165. We left our 2 kids, 5 and 3 at home so we could celebrate my birthday and our 10th anniversary. Getting to the ship We live in Massachusetts, not far from providence, ri so we took a bus from the airport to Bayonne. We left at 7:45 am and stopped a few times along the way, with traffic before the George Washington bridge it took us about 4.5 hours. A little after 12 we had our luggage of the bus and were in the terminal for check in. There were people looking at your xpress pass to direct you to the proper line through security. One was labelled suites and Aqua class and had no line, the other was for everyone else and was pretty long. When I booked concierge I was pretty sure that we got priority boarding so I asked a lady who was directing people and she told us to get in the long line. My husband went to go in line but something told me we were allowed to go priority so I went and asked the guy in charge of the priority line and he said yes it's absolutely for you guys! So my husband got out of the super long line and we went right through security, waited maybe 2 minutes to get our sea pass cards and were on our way onto the ship! My husband said it was so worth it for concierge just for priority boarding. The ship This being my first cruise I can't compare it to anything but it was very nice, they were doing some maintenance in certain places and there were wet paint signs the first day on some railings. My husband has been on one previous cruise but years ago. He was nervous the ship was smaller and there wouldn't be anything to do but we kept ourselves busy with different things offered, I did trivia while he did the ping pong tournament, I went to Pilates while he played basketball, we did a chipping contest in the pool, checked out the art auction, and just explored the ship in general. There was a lot to do and sometimes we had to miss something. Port and shore excursions In doing my research I realized that celebrity's excursions were overpriced, we were interested in doing some sort of snorkel cruise, they were $65-70 per person and the crystal caves excursion was $100 per person. I decided to get the 3 day transportation pass for $44 per person and do the caves on our own $30 per person for both caves, so day one we were already ahead $26 which bought us a half pitcher of rum swizzle stick at the swizzle inn! Then we had our transportation for the rest of our stay taken care of. Our cabin- 8165 We had a concierge cabin c3 on deck 8- 8165 it was port side aft. We loved it! Having the balcony was so nice and we had breakfast through room service twice. The room had a flat screen tv and plenty of closet/drawer space. The only bad thing I could say about the room was that there was no hairdryer in the bathroom, luckily I found it in a cabinet under the desk but it was not a great hairdryer. I used it once and it took way to long to dry my hair and you had to keep the button pressed down for it to stay on. Next time I'll bring mine from home! Also the shower had some rust but nothing too bad. Dining We had select dining and before we left I made reservations for each night because I had read here on cruise critic that sometimes if you just showed up there could be a 20 min wait. I had 6:30 or 6:45 reservations for sea days and 8:30 reservations for port days and it worked out wonderfully! We sat a different table and had different waiters each day but saw the waiter we had the first night all the time and he would stop and say hi. We are in the MDR every night except the second formal night where we ate at Normandie with a family we had met onboard that we enjoyed talking to, also at our table was Stan the pan man, I'll get to him in entertainment. For breakfast we had room service on our balcony twice, ate in the main dining room 3 times and the buffet once. Breakfast in the main dining room was nice, we shared a table with 2 other couples and actually ate with one couple 2 days in a row just by coincidence! The only time we had trouble was embarkation day in the MDR, it didn't seem any busier than the other days but it took forever to get our meals, an omelette with hash browns and bacon, and an omelette with sausage and French toast, but oops, why does my husbands plate look so empty?? No french toast! We asked the waiter and he said he would bring it but 15 minutes later, we were done eating and it was getting close to 8:00 and we had to get our stuff out of the room to get off the ship. Other than that the service was excellent and the food was delicious. I tried things I would never order for fear of not liking it and learned I like escargot and fried frog legs! The buffet was good but crowded. Excellent pizza and they had a cheese station, I think I surprised the attendant the first day when I asked for all of the cheeses! Also from 5:30-9:30 they have sushi, it was excellent as well and it became our habit to go get a plate of sushi and grab a drink from the sunset bar before dinner. We had the classic drink package and considered upgrading but never did because we did just fine finding drinks on the classic package. We just weren't impressed with the selection of wines by the glass in the MDR for us, other bars had different wines to pick from so we would go grab a glass of something different before we sat down to dinner. We didn't bring our kids so I can't say anything about the kids club, although people said their kids were enjoying it. Entertainment The first sea day I went to trivia in revelations lounge and immediately following he had a seminar with Stan the pan man, a steel drum player. He isn't your typical steel pan player, he's a blond guy from Iowa! It was really nice having him onboard, he did a couple of seminars and played by the pool a few times too. My husband got to try playing, I missed out on a picture though... He isn't on the ship all the time though, he was getting off for 2 weeks when we got back to Bayonne because he does teaching seminars at schools in between his cruise time. As for the shows in the theater we missed most of them but did see 2 different comedians the accapella group ReVoiced and the the iMagic show. All were good. Summary All in all it was a fun relaxing cruise which is what we were looking for as a break from our kids. I am definitely looking forward to cruising again, we didn't book anything on the ship but I'm going to start my research here on cruise critic for a family cruise next!

My first cruise, loved it!

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Jaime0528

Jaime0528’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Concierge Class 3
Cabin C3 8165
Very nice port side aft room, short walk up 2 flights of stairs to the buffet and sunset bar on 10, short walk down 3 flights of stairs to select dining room on 5. Some rust in shower no hairdryer in bathroom, separate hairdryer by desk wasn't strong enough.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins