3. Carnival Conquest
Booked this southern caribbean cruise on the Conquest because there was no alternative for the time frame I had to work with. Was my 10th or so cruise. Have sailed on Carnival a couple times and really never had any major complaints. The ships decor is pretty gaudy, some kind of weird French impressionist theme. Looks kind of worn even though I believe the ship was 'updated' not so long ago. Variety of food and service in the main dining room was very good. I have had worse on Royal Caribbean. The buffet on deck 9 was decent (no great) but served on plastic plates...! Please, that's almost an insult. I was missing at least 2 or 3 further real restaurants around the ship like on my last cruise a year ago on Celebrity Summit. Really liked my cabin on deck 8 aft with an oversized balcony. Now I can never go back to anything less! Shows and comedy were pretty good, above average for sure. Cabin steward and other staff I encountered was very good, except for an female member of the excursion staff which had a real negative attitude. They did a terrible (actually no) job of explaining exactly what will happen once we all leave the Toulouse theater meeting point to go on a catamaran excursion. Instructions on how to use a snorkel/fins...? Nada. Safety information? Nada. After visiting just about every Caribbean island during the last 20 years I must say that I found the Dominical Republic to be the most diverse and interesting. Most of the others are just flat and pretty unimpressive besides the beach and ocean.

OK overall experience but not on the same level as Celebrity. 3.5 stars.

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by palex19