Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review
1,986 Reviews

Relaxing, enjoyable cruise for a couple

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by MRSABS31

• Sail Date: May 2015
  • Destination: the Bahamas

I booked this cruise in Feb to celebrate my husband's graduation from PTA school. I have cruised one other time, but this was his first. He was very anxious about feeling seasick and claustrophobic, but I am happy to say all fears subsided after the first night. From the moment we boarded the ship we were catered to and felt like a part of a big happy family. Although the Enchantment was an older ship, the condition of the ship was nice. The activities on board were fun and exciting....we really enjoyed the shows in the Orpheum Theatre. The food was ok...was really hoping for the ultimate dining experience but we were somewhat disappointed. The serving staff was phenomenal and made up for the lack of flavor in the food by presenting us with wonderful service. Our room attendant took such good care of us! We really wished we had spent the extra money to book a balcony room instead of a room with a picture window. We'll know to plan for that for next time....The port in Nassau was disappointing...felt way out of place and a bit unsafe...Coco Cay on the other hand was paradise. We really wished both days had been in Coco Cay. We did not book any excursions...spent our extra money on the premium drink package...WELL WORTH IT!! :) We really enjoyed meeting fellow cruisers and will remember this experience forever. I would recommend this trip! It was affordable and enjoyable.

MRSABS31's Full Rating Summary

Nassau

I will not ever go back to Nassau. It was dirty and we felt mobbed by the locals. A local tied yarn bracelets on our arms....said they were free but asked for a donation since they were made by handicapped children. My husband opened his wallet and only had a twenty. He was going to give her $5 ....As soon as he took it out to ask her for change she took it an ran. Big lesson learned.

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Boarding the ship was such an easy process. We were on the boat within 20 minutes of entering the port. Saw a dolphin swimming next to the ship before we embarked :)

Perfect Day at CocoCay

Coco Cay was so beautiful....this was by far the best day of the cruise. We had beautiful weather, and saw some local wildlife...Stingrays, iguanas, schools of fish, and crabs. We sunned on the beach and cooled off in the ocean. It was awesome!

MRSABS31