Queen Victoria Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2015
Cabin: Standard Inside

This was my third Cunard cruise, and as enjoyable as the others.

I was happy to board 'Queen Victoria' and rest after days of walking around New York. Embarkation was very smooth and fast. Within 5 minutes of arriving at pier 90 I was on the ship. It was a lovely clear day as we slipped out of Manhattan. What a lovely way to enjoy the impressive skyline! And then we reached the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, and did not see land again for 8 days. And so began the last leg of QV's round the world voyage for 2015.

It does seem slightly odd that the ship has no large, striking portrait and/or bust of Queen Victoria to serve as a focal point. There are a dozen small pictures in the Queen's Room, but that's it. Queen Elizabeth has a portrait and bust of H.M. and some pictures.

Standard Inside

Cabin IC

Comfortable. All it lacked was a view, of course. I have previously always been in a balcony cabin, but did not find being inside in any way claustrophobic. It probably made me spend more time out and about, doing things and using the public spaces more. Everything in the cabin was of a good standard and well maintained. The toiletries were from Penhaligon. The location of 6186 is aft, close to some of the suites. It was quiet and peaceful.

Port Reviews

New York (Manhattan)

Pier 90 and nearby piers look a little tired, and can be difficult to reach when the traffic is bad, but my embarkation was quick and efficient. The many highlights of New York speak for themselves, and need no further comment here,

previous reviewnext review

Find a Queen Victoria Cruise from $319

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.