It was our first Celebrity Cruise, we were looking forward to it, until two days before the date of embarkation when we received a very strange e.mail from agent informing us that Celebrity does not allow a holder of a Syrian passport aboard the ship ! However, after so many prolonged e.mails providing proof of documentations to seek a final decision, only 'by the day of boarding', someone from the company in USA did call and confirmed that it was wrong information given by the Immigration Officer on this Ship. No compensation of the stress caused or even apology of any kind has been delivered to us for that awful time, unknowing if we were going on our holiday or not after we booked a taxi and an overnight Hotel in S'hmton.
Leaving that unforgettable tensed experience behind us, we were extremely satisfied during the express embarkation process, helpful desk staff, early boarding and ready room at 11AM.
The ship was absolutely beautiful and modern, great dinning restaurants and to our taste. Very smiley and welcoming staff in general. Relaxed dress code in all occasions.
Entertainment was very good especially the ship own show and the singer (Ben).
Buffet Food and beverages were tasty, good variety and presentation.
Select Dining was great in all means, Personalized friendly service which was a credit to them (Jesus, Sheilish and Alina), loved the New York Steak and Onion soup.
We had easy wondering across the floors/amenities using the panoramic lifts, and enjoyed the different ambience of the public rooms.
The ship motion was very stable and smooth.
Missing on the excellent:
- Dining/Buffet (night buffet was poor, buffet restaurant's carpet needed frequent vacuuming)
- Embarkation (ship was noticeably vibrating when disembarking at ports, had to pay shuttle bus to zeebrugge 12 Euro return !
- Definitely needs diversity of activities for Young adults, LGBT and new movies in the Cinema.
- Entertainment in other areas than the Theatre was unrecognized
- Lack of directions to the Sauna made us unaware of its existence till the last day, and no steam room.
- Some public rooms were unutilized or required some promotion
- Shore Excursions were highly priced
- of course as a Cruise fanatic, I will always ask for additional discounts towards the cost.
I Will Cruise Again on this Ship - if Celebrity made some courtesy towards the mess they created on my expense.
Good sized room, modern deco and convenient location, spacious balcony and shower. Easy and advanced setup TV remote system, Coffee making facility. Plenty of storage and hangers.
Partially Obstructed view (as booked) but it was not really bothering us at all.
On the down sides: Needs more attention in cleaning, working men on the top roof in front of our balcony on two days during our stay without prior arrangement with occupants.
Very friendly and polite attendant (Alex).