3. Carnival Dream
This was our eight cruise over all but our first on the Carnival Dream. We arrived at the Erato Street Garage around 10:00 am on Sunday, May 3, 2015 and waited in line with the rest of our fellow cruise ship fanatics for the sad passengers getting off the Dream...we could hear the loud sobbing as they left the ship and knew that would be us the following Sunday... We finally progressed into the parking deck where we were met by the smiling, colorfully attired baggage handlers who asked us for our boarding passes and passports and then he tagged our bags with the Faster to the Fun tags, gave us back our documents and directed us to our parking choices. We parked without incident, and made our way into the elevator were where we met some of our fellow "on-line friends" from CC... it was great to meet them face to face!!! We made our way to the check in points, and were directed to the Faster to the Fun lines where there was no waiting, got checked in and the nice folks at the terminal were kind enough to suggest that I board with one of the wheel chair attendants since it was such a long walk up the embarkation walkway. (I use a walker to get around due to a stroke I had in 2005.) We had a short wait to board and were on the ship and in our cabin by 11:20 am...Not bad!!! We off loaded our carry on luggage then headed to the Lido Deck for our traditional Ruben Sandwich from the Deli where we met more of our CC friends! After visiting with them for a while, we explored the ship and were amazed at the size! The ship is huge! Being 1,004 feet long, needless to say we got our exercise every day walking from our cabin to other venues on the ship. I'm glad we participate in decorating our cabin door or we would have never known which cabin was ours (and no we do not drink, LOL) Our cabin, 7319 was the standard 185 sq. ft. Carnival inside cabin. We had the twin bed made into the king size bed for us... The decor was the typical cruise ship pastels with pink, green, turquoise, etc being the main colors. Three closets, safe, mini-fridge and the standard hair dryer in the top drawer at the desk in the cabin. Our cabin stewardess was Catherine. She was fantastic! She greeted us by name the moment we arrived, asked if we would like ice and if there was anything else she should know about us or if there was anything we needed. We told her we would like ice... and from that moment until we left the ship, we never had to ask for ice again. Our cabin was kept spotless and we never wanted for anything. Our MDR staff were just as efficient and attentive as our cabin staff. Peter, Made and Gede... were fantastic! They learned our preferences the first night and remembered them the rest of the week. The food was really good...and as always presented with the flair that is Carnival. We always enjoy the floor show put on by the staff each night and this crew did a great job... and had some new music!!! We like to try the 'didja ever' selections and were not disappointed... the Frog Legs were wonderful! But I drew the line at the escargot and the ox tongue...and no I don't eat eggs... LOL... Our first port was Key West... We love Key West... We always enjoy the Old Town Hop Off Hop On Trolley Tours... They do the best job for the least amount... They have stops at the major attractions and provide you with tickets to the Flagler Rail Road Museum. We road around once, got off, bought tickets to see Ernest Hemingway's Home, got back on the trolley and rode back around to our destination... The Hemingway Home is wonderful!!! With the addition of the six-toed cats... just made the trip even more wonderful. After leaving the Hemingway House, we walked back up Duval Street to Caroline's Cafe to have lunch... If you are looking for a great place to eat and enjoy Key West local flavors... Caroline's is your place... They have the best Cuban Sandwich I've ever had... and it's large enough for two!!! My husband and I ordered one and told them to bring two plates! We shared our lunch and enjoyed it very much! After leaving Caroline's, we walked across the street to Sloppy Joe's where they have a live web cam.. I had told my son and his family when we would be in Key West... so I sent a text to them and they were able to see us on cam.. a street vendor had a live parrot to the delight of my grandchildren. We made it back to the ship with plenty of time to spare... I would live in Key West if I could! Our second port was Freeport...We've been to Freeport several times, so we stayed on the ship and tried out the hot tubs located on Deck 5...Deck five is the most unique feature on the Dream...it's the only deck on which you can walk all the way around the ship and it has hot tubs spaced out down the side of the ship that hang out over the side of the ship...They had emptied all of the hot tubs the night before and had just finished cleaning them when we arrived to enjoy a relaxing soak. It was different sitting out over the ocean in the hot tub and very relaxing. Not many people stayed on board and there were only three other people who joined us for our relaxing soak. Our third port was was Nassau... I like Nassau because you can just walk off the ship and you do not have to book an excursion to see the island. There is plenty to do for free in Nassau. The Queen's Stair Case, The Old Fort, The beautiful Church...and many more, close to the port and within walking distance. Of course there is always shopping! The Straw Market and many 'name brand' stores with bargains to be had for the money! Back to the ship for our last two sea days and lots of fun on board. We went to the comedy shows, both family friendly and adult oriented... They were funny... and the stage shows in the main theater were fantastic. Especially the new '8 Seconds,' a country music themed show. I am not a country music fan, but this show was very good..and a definitely a change from Carnival's usual stage show... The last night of the crews they had the traditional 'Legends" show with guest from the karaoke line up performing as singing 'legends' I've seen this on several other cruises, but I will have to say, this group was the best... This was a great cruise, a fantastic crew and I will sail the Dream again...

Great Ship and Nice Cruise!

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by KarenRH55

This was a great cruise, a fantastic crew and I will sail the Dream again...
KarenRH55’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Interior
Cabin 4F 7319
Great inside cabin. We usually go for an inside cabin because we are only there to sleep and change clothes... I'm sure if they offered me a balcony I would take it, but, I'm perfectly happy in an inside cabin.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Ernest Hemingway House & Tour
    Ernest Hemingway's House & Tour is a must see... Beautiful home and such an interesting history. The gardens were beautiful. The six-toed cats were so sweet... I enjoyed seeing the home and hearing about the history of Mr. Hemingway.
    View All 45 Ernest Hemingway House & Tour Reviews