3. Oasis of the Seas
We were cruising between the 16–May to the 23rd on the Oasis, It was our third cruise with RCL and first time on the Oasis (although last year we were on the Allure). In general the cruise was very nice and we enjoyed most of it. The day before: We arrived a day before stayed at the Hilton beach resort, the hotel was nice but without many stores/restaurants nearby. We did walked (20 minutes) to the Galleria mall for some shopping and lunch (PFC) , the mall was quite empty but with good deals at the stores. The beach near the hotel looked nice although we have not checked the facilities as we figured we will have enough of that during the cruise. We did bought some wine and water at the Publix shop across from the mall (very cheap prices). Day 1: FLL I have asked the hotel to reserve us some transportation (as they don’t have shuttles to the cruise port). I have been told I can use taxi or VIP transportation which will cost around 20/30$ for two people, We went with the second option as I remembered from last year the horrible traffic getting to the Allure of the seas, thinking that a taxi can cost much more in case of traffic. We asked for the ride at 11 AM , due to the hotel error or the company they used the transport arrived only at 11:30. The ride was very fast; it looked as if the Oasis was the only ship that day at the port. Took us 7 minutes until we were given our suitcases. We went inside the building and waited in the gold line, mind, It might be that the regular line was going faster as more open windows per deck were serving this line. We waited about 15 minutes + 5 minutes to create our sea pass. After we got the sea pass we continued to the second floor trying to guess how much time we will need to wait until allowed on the ship, to our surprise it was zero , we were allowed to continue to the ship immediately which was very nice. As it was only 11:45 and we knew the rooms are not ready before 1 PM we went to find something to eat. As many recommended we avoided the lines in the buffet and went to get a nice salad at the park Café , there were some lines but not too much , we even found a nice place to seat and eat. At 1 PM we went to the room to put our carry on. Our room was in deck 7 at the front of the ship which was good for us. We had the muster drill at 4 PM which really symbol the beginning of the cruises as it was the last “official” thing for this week. Dinner – Windjammer market place. Day 2 Nassau Breakfast early at the Windjammer as the ship went into Nassau , As we read about Nassau at Sunday we understood there is no good reason to try and get from the ship very early as it mostly closed so we were waiting until 9:30 AM. We did not book any excoriation for Nassau as the ship was planned to disembark at 2 PM which really does not give enough time to almost anything. Yes, RC offer several excoriation but they seemed overpriced (considering the time we have in port) mainly the one that went to Atlantis. We were staying at the Atlantis resort before and enjoyed it very much, maybe if we had full day over there it would have make sense. We went around the port , checked some stores and bought several souvenirs before going back to the ship , Please mind Nassau officials going back to the port asks to see photo ID card and not just the sea pass (it was the only port that required it) . Lunch in the buffet again (in general, I will not recommend the Windjammer during lunch as quality is not that impressing). We went to the Aqua show which was very nice (although I am still trying to figure out what the main character was doing there) , I guess it can be an impressing show if it is the first time you see it so make sure you see it. Day 3 sea day After breakfast (Park café , excellent do it your own bagels) we went to the cruise critic meeting , we got a small gift in the door and listen to a speech from the event manager plus participate in the ruffle (did not won but it was nice), I do recommend to participate it. We went to eat at Sabor , I must say it was excellent , we took the 19 $ deal (one is more than enough for two people) got the heavenly guacamole that is prepared in front of your eyes, fresh Tacos (the best I had), Calamari and Shrimps all were very good . for dissert we got the dissert box that was more than enough for two people. Really I cannot recommend enough this restaurant We went to see Cats at 2 PM , well I tried , I really tried to enjoy (and avoiding the bad review I was reading here) but something was missing there, I don’t know if it was the dark lighting or the scenery that never change. I felt very sorry for the performer as they were good dancer and singers, I also appreciate the fact that RC were bringing a full Broadway show but maybe it is not the one that goes well in a cruise. Day 4 ST Thomas After quick breakfast we went down to the port, getting out of the ship was very quick without any delays or issues. We took a shared taxi (4$ PP) from the port to downtown (5 minutes ride, you can walk the distance if it is not too hot). We went into few stores bought some shirts and looked on the duty free prices. There was some band playing in the main square and some food festival. We went back to the ship as we booked shore excursion and wanted to eat something before it (Park Café this time). For excursion we took the Megen bay beach. It was described as two hour in the Megen beach including a stop for photo ops, well the driver did not stopped for any photos unless slowing to 10 MPH during the time you can look over the bay consider as one. The beach itself is very nice and not really crowded, we did try to get far from the main area to avoid any crowd but it required only five minutes’ walk to find a quiet place. During the time we were there no one tried to sell us anything or bother us in any way (as I did read might happens here). For dinner we went to the main dining room. We had my time dining reservation but apparently so many others did so we had to wait in line for about 15 minutes and agreed to share our table (which we did not mind at all). In parallel to our line there was the line of people that did not have reservation; this line seems to go faster for some reason. Day 5 – ST Marten: For day 5 we took early excursion (9 AM , for me at vacation its considered early) the ultimate Island tour. The ride is in air conditioned bus , it start with a 30 minutes ride to the French side of the island and stops at a small market for five minutes photo ops over the oriental beach. After 15 minutes of additional driving we got to Margot were we got around an hour to shop or do whatever we want. We used this time to go to Sarafinas the French bakery as we wanted to taste the famous macrons. There was a long line when we arrived (20 minutes) but finally it was our turn to order. Beside the macrons we ordered an apple pie (that looked very good, actually everything there looked very good). The macrons were nice (very big), not the best ones we were eaten but certainly the best one we were eaten in the Caribbean. After the Sarfinas we went to board the boat as part of the tour, that was my favorite part very nice scenery of the lagoon and the area including a short view of the famous airport. The tour included free drinks (fruit punch, soft drink, beers and whatever goes with Rum, no limits. When the boat brought us back to land (the Dutch side) we had the buss take us back to the ship (including an option to stop at downtown for whoever wanted). We got a very detailed explanation on each gas stopped that we passed , the prices, the history and any other background , which make me think that or our tour guide family is in the gas stations business, gas stations are the most important business in the Island or it is just very boring Island .. Overall it is not very active tour but gives a nice view on the Island and recommended for first timers. For evening we went to Sabor again (as we loved it on the first time) we again, did not disappointed Day 6 - Sea day My spouse went to surf the flowrider for the first time and enjoyed every minute of it , I was focusing more on important things like sleeping. We went on the pool deck that was not that full as you expect from a sea day , you could find a chair quite easy. We spent some time in the promenade and in general had a relaxed day. During the evening we went again to the main dining room , this time lines were ridiculous long , mainly the line for people that had reservations (our lines) it went all the way to the elevators , I guess the fact that everyone knew its Lobster night contributed to the situation. I decided to make a test and we went to the non-reservation line that looked much smaller and what do you know, after 10 minutes we were seated and ordering our food. For sure something is not working in the time dining system, why to reserve if it is faster not to … I hope RC will check it and do the right adjustments. The food in the dining room was ok , for sure it has better disserts than the marketplace. After dinner we went to see the “come fly with me show” it was very nice, amazing scenery and excellent acrobatic act, don’t miss this one. Day 7 – sea day Breakfast at the market place (they added some nice smoothies which was nice). There were some offers in the on board shops (the regular 10-20$ watch sets , 10 $ T-shirts and some other offers) We went to see the Ice show, another very nice show; we liked the custom, the music and the performance (although one of the dancers did stumble twice). We went back to pack our stuff to avoid last minute packing. Day 8 FLL We used the valet service (very very recommended, 20$ PP) as we had a flight with united from FLL airport. We went for one last breakfast (that was limited comparing to the ones before) packed the carry on and went out from the ship around 8 AM. Going out from the ship was very quickly (five minutes) and another 15-20 minutes in the custom area. We took a taxi to the airport (12$). The suitcases arrived perfectly to our target airport. We saw that united also added the priority tags to the suitcases so everything worked very well with this service . It was a very nice cruise

Loved the ship, but adjustments need to be done.

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by traveler301

We were cruising between the 16–May to the 23rd on the Oasis,

In general the cruise was very nice and we enjoyed most of it.

The day before:

Day 1: FLL

Took us 7 minutes until we were given our suitcases.

We waited about 15 minutes + 5 minutes to create our sea pass.

Dinner – Windjammer market place.

Day 2 Nassau

Breakfast early at the Windjammer as the ship went into Nassau ,

Day 3 sea day

Day 4 ST Thomas

There was some band playing in the main square and some food festival.

For excursion we took the Megen bay beach.

For dinner we went to the main dining room.

Day 5 – ST Marten:

Day 6 - Sea day

We spent some time in the promenade and in general had a relaxed day.

I hope RC will check it and do the right adjustments.

Day 7 – sea day

Breakfast at the market place (they added some nice smoothies which was nice).

We went back to pack our stuff to avoid last minute packing.

Day 8 FLL

We took a taxi to the airport (12$).

It was a very nice cruise
traveler301’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Our cabin was just perfect ,
Big enough for all our stuff , we took the ocean view as we did not wanted to take inside cabin and the upgraded cabin were already cost too much,
we were at the front of the ship which was good for us as not much noise from fallow passengers
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans

• Nassau
    The fact that the ship is only until 2 PM relay make no sense to take any excursion to my opinion (as the one from the ship on this island are very expensive) its just not enough time.
    we did some tour near the ships and in the stores but not something that I will fight to get out from the ship for.
    View All 5,912 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
  • Island Tour
    The tour was done with air condition buss and takes you from the Dutch side to the Margot in the French side.
    One hour to do some shopping or go to eat in one of the restaurants than a very nice cruise in the Lagoon.
    View All 368 Island Tour Reviews
  • Magen Bay Beach
    In general the tour is a ride to the Magen beach no more no less.
    It suppose to stop for some photo ops above the bay but I guess our driver did not thought it is too important for us.
    The beach is very nice , it was not crowded and two hours was enough for us to enjoy it.
    View All 236 Magen Bay Beach Reviews