3. Emerald Sun
We had an amazing experience on Emerald Sun! Our cruise director Yana was absolutely wonderful, so attentive and knowledgeable! We really enjoyed her port talks and lectures, she truly works very hard to meet everyone's needs. Our panorama balcony suite was quite functional, lots of storage space, comfy beds and high quality bedding. Very nice shower, great water pressure and temperature. The rooms are cleaned twice daily, and our housekeeper Mariana always did a great job. My only complaint would be not having enough TV channels, however free on demand movies were a nice touch. We used the pool quite a few times, it had an "endless swimming pool" feature which can be turned on/off if needed. We didn't use the exercise area but I did get a massage and it was exceptional. Food on board was excellent, great variety and flavours. They try to match lunch buffet's theme to a particular port you happen to visit that day, which is very thoughtful. A la carte dinners were always superb, included wines were also high quality. Restaurant staff is simply outstanding, by the end of your cruise you really start to feel like you're surrounded by family because everyone is trying very hard to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Embarkation/Disembarkation were very well organized, and there was a light lunch served on the embarkation day while people were waiting for their cabins to be prepared, in case you arrived too early. The reception staff is very friendly and always ready to help. Unlike the previous reviewer I actually found the ship to be very stylish, and loved the modern furniture and lighting, it had a very European feel to it. I also found the entertainment to be sufficient - besides the live piano tunes, there were two local bands invited on two separate occasions, a glass blowing presentation and a presentation on apricot processing in Austrian wine country, which I enjoyed a lot (and everyone got a free jar of jam!) and movies, of course. One night the crew also put on a talent show which was very cute. The included tours with local guides were exceptional. The only optional tour we went on was the viennese concert which in my opinion is an absolute must, it was incredible. We enjoyed all the ports except perhaps Rudesheim which felt a bit like a tourist trap, but this is where people usually start the Rhine Gorge cruise so I can see why they'd choose to stop there. We cruised the Gorge on a beautiful sunny afternoon so it was great to see the sights and all the castles, accompanied by Yana's commentaries. All in all, I would most definitely recommend this cruise and this particular ship to anyone, and would gladly take another Emerald cruise in the future.

Absolutely Amazing!