Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by chantel917

• Sail Date: May 2015
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Stateroom

This was my 4th cruise with Royal Caribbean and I must say it was a HORRIBLE experience!! The group that I went with was my family and it was 10 (age range 12-67) of us boarding the Adventures of the Sea in San Juan, PR. I should have known that the cruise may not be great from the moment we boarded the ship. As soon as we boarded the ship we were greeted with an AWEFUL smell in the hallway areas by the stairs. The smell was of a mildew nature. Luckily the smell eventually went away however; it continued to resurface at sporadic times throughout the trip.

Our group of 10 had a total of 5 rooms and the rooms were divided between the port side and ocean side. 3 rooms were on the port side the 2 on the ocean side (which were located on the 7th and 8th floor) and the ocean side rooms had the worst smell one could ever imagine. The smell was very similar to raw sewage. The smell continued for them for the duration of the trip. Complaints were made to customer service and they had housekeeping clean the carpet as a means of refreshing the room. The smell went a way for a few hours but it resurfaced. The smell was so nauseating that I felt the need to vomit every time I came in contact with the smell. I was fortunate it was not my room however; it did belong to someone in our group.

As I stated in the beginning, this was my 4th cruise with RC and by far my worst. The customer service staff at the help desk and phone was not very helpful and most lacked the knowledge and skillset to perform their job duties at a minimal level. I think some of them along with the staff taking room service orders should either have a position where they have no contact with customers or rethink their career choice. If you’re not able to talk to people then you should be re-trained or find a job more suitable for their non-customer services skillset. We even heard staffing stating that they don’t care about the customers or their complaints. REALLY!!! You say this while I’m within ear range of hear you!!

The food was also bad, especially in the Windjammer. Most of the time it was cold and the taste was very bad. The only food that was "ok" was the restaurant Giovanni's and the “my time dining”.

The entertainment was also an epic fail. Whomever, the cruise director is for the ship should maybe take time out to visit Allure or Oasis of the Sea to get MUCH better ideas for entertainment. The shows were awful and I decided I didn’t want to see any after attending 2. On prior trips I had seen all the shows because they were fantastic and also participated in other events throughout the trip.

If anyone is thinking about taking this ship I would not recommend this ship at all!! The smell, food, entertainment, and customer service is horrible. I hope my recent trip from May 16, 2015 and reviews help people make the best decision for their vacation choices.

FYI… I also expressed my concerns and dissatisfaction to Royal Caribbean via email and have yet to hear back from them. If it wasn’t for the fact that I had never been to the designated stops I would of never of went on this ship.

chantel917's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin G 7292

The cabin was clean and I didn't have any ongoing issues like other people in our party.

San Juan

The excursion were very costly and they were the same at each stop. Not to mention they seemed very boring.... I would not not recommend any of the excursion through the ship. I would recommend trying some with the people outside of the ship. The rates are better and you get the same experience.

St. Thomas

To costly and I was at this island before so I did not feel the need to review costly excursion. I also did not find any of the excursions on this island to be interesting to me. I'm very athletic so it was another disappointing adventure at this island.

I took a cab for $14 to the beach and had a great time for 2-3 hours. I'm glad our cab driver told us to either change cloths or be dry at 100% because the cabs will charge a $50 fee if you are wet/damp going back.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
St. Kitts (Port Zante)

I did not take and excursion here because of cost and because there ones being offered was not interesting. It seems like the price point for the excursions averaged about $60 and up for most stops. Which I would not of mind paying if they were interesting then what was being offered. Another epic let down for this stop.

Curacao