3. Adventure of the Seas
This was my 4th cruise with Royal Caribbean and I must say it was a HORRIBLE experience!! The group that I went with was my family and it was 10 (age range 12-67) of us boarding the Adventures of the Sea in San Juan, PR. I should have known that the cruise may not be great from the moment we boarded the ship. As soon as we boarded the ship we were greeted with an AWEFUL smell in the hallway areas by the stairs. The smell was of a mildew nature. Luckily the smell eventually went away however; it continued to resurface at sporadic times throughout the trip. Our group of 10 had a total of 5 rooms and the rooms were divided between the port side and ocean side. 3 rooms were on the port side the 2 on the ocean side (which were located on the 7th and 8th floor) and the ocean side rooms had the worst smell one could ever imagine. The smell was very similar to raw sewage. The smell continued for them for the duration of the trip. Complaints were made to customer service and they had housekeeping clean the carpet as a means of refreshing the room. The smell went a way for a few hours but it resurfaced. The smell was so nauseating that I felt the need to vomit every time I came in contact with the smell. I was fortunate it was not my room however; it did belong to someone in our group. As I stated in the beginning, this was my 4th cruise with RC and by far my worst. The customer service staff at the help desk and phone was not very helpful and most lacked the knowledge and skillset to perform their job duties at a minimal level. I think some of them along with the staff taking room service orders should either have a position where they have no contact with customers or rethink their career choice. If you’re not able to talk to people then you should be re-trained or find a job more suitable for their non-customer services skillset. We even heard staffing stating that they don’t care about the customers or their complaints. REALLY!!! You say this while I’m within ear range of hear you!! The food was also bad, especially in the Windjammer. Most of the time it was cold and the taste was very bad. The only food that was "ok" was the restaurant Giovanni's and the “my time dining”. The entertainment was also an epic fail. Whomever, the cruise director is for the ship should maybe take time out to visit Allure or Oasis of the Sea to get MUCH better ideas for entertainment. The shows were awful and I decided I didn’t want to see any after attending 2. On prior trips I had seen all the shows because they were fantastic and also participated in other events throughout the trip. If anyone is thinking about taking this ship I would not recommend this ship at all!! The smell, food, entertainment, and customer service is horrible. I hope my recent trip from May 16, 2015 and reviews help people make the best decision for their vacation choices. FYI… I also expressed my concerns and dissatisfaction to Royal Caribbean via email and have yet to hear back from them. If it wasn’t for the fact that I had never been to the designated stops I would of never of went on this ship.

HORRIBLE Experience

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by chantel917

chantel917’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

The cabin was clean and I didn't have any ongoing issues like other people in our party.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans