Azura Review

Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2015
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom
Traveled with children

I write in here a lot as have done many cruises now. Just home today from our fifth p and o and disappointed at what we paid for. This cruise was aboard Aura around the fjords.The food has very much been downgraded. We are vegetarian, your problem some might say but when a quarter of the country doesn't eat meat, you would expect better from p and o. One choice for main meals and not a quorn meal n sought except once in the buffet on the top floor. I regularly had a main course with two different sauces on the same plate. I also had pastry and rice together. Now, am no Gordon Ramsay but even I realise that some carbs don't match! They tell you to expect fine dining. Don't expect that. The food is fine but no better than a 3 star restaurant. The main meals in the meridian freedom dining were ok, usually 4 courses but portions small. My 15 yr old son had to go to the under I the top floor after. Really, is that supposed to happen? A little tip if you are going and have children. Drinks are extraordinaire. P and o pay 10p per litre for Pepsi. They a charge you £2.25 per glass. Ouch!

Take a large bottle and use smaller ones to pour it into and catty around the boat. You will save a fortune. Wine wise, ,oat bottles were screw top and no more than £7-8 in asda. They were charging £18-20 for these. Again, take as much wine as you can get into your hand luggage. They don't stop you. We took 6 bottles of lidl champagne at a tenner a bottle and saved a packet. Cheapest on board was £33 for nothing special. I will tune in again tomorrow for more tips on saving your cash. Shame as p and o were getting it right cruise wise. Now I feel shareholders are wanting too much profit and that has got in the way.

Balcony Stateroom

Cabin JB

Clean and functional. We wanted a double bed and assured by Thomson when we booked this was not a problem as the single bed for our son was a drop down bed from the ceiling. This has been the case for the last 5 we have been on. Once onboard the steward was not happy that we had pushed the two single beds together. He stated it was against health and safety. Rubbish. I went to reception and explained we were having the beds together and that was how it would be. I had to sign a disclaimer but that was fine. The steward seemed angry and made himself scarce for the entire cruise. Poor. P and o, sort this out as it does not explain this in your brochure. Not good enough.

Port Reviews

Bergen

Nice place with lots to do. We went shopping and explored the side streets but the weather was poor. Not much else to say but this box insists on 150 charachetrs!

Southampton

We live here so not much point in making trips. If you want somewhere to go, the Forster is the best with pubs and walks galore and beautiful scenery.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find an Azura Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.