3. Grand Princess
I did the pre-cruise land tour to McKinley and Denali Lodges. Wonderful. No complaints there. Then we rode the train down to Whittier and boarded the ship. I loved the Grand. Everyone was super nice. I had no problems at all anywhere on the ship. The food and service in the dining rooms was great. The entertainment was wonderful. I saw a show where they danced and sang 50's music. They were really good. They had a wonderful comedian onboard. His show was the best! The entertainment in the piazza was always good. I loved the dance party on Wednesday night when they dropped the golden balloons. That was lots of fun. Seeing the scenery, the naturalist they had on board was perfect. They had the first female Iditarod winner onboard. She was great. Overall, it was the perfect cruise for me. I enjoyed every minute of it. Let me add here that I was traveling by myself. And I had a wonderful time! I will definitely sail with Princess again. And hopefully soon.

Great cruise! Short review here.

Grand Princess Cruise Review by mya603

• Sail Date: May 2015
  • Destination: Alaska
mya603’s Full Rating Summary
Get Grand Princess price drops

Cabin D732
It was aft balcony mini suite. A guarantee! It was perfect. Spacious and loved, loved the balcony!
  Grand Princess Deck Plans

• Anchorage
    I did not take an excursion as I got in too late in the day to do so. I merely checked into the hotel, which was very nice, and crashed. got ready for the next day.
    View All 85 Anchorage Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Anchorage Cruise Port Review
  • Mendenhall Glacier
    This was really great. Our driver was wonderful. Anatole was his name. I loved the rainforest. So pretty. And the Mendenhall was gorgeous. And Tramway was kind of exciting. Nice view from the top
    View All 875 Mendenhall Glacier Reviews
  • Mount Roberts Tramway
    The ride up was very pretty. And the view from top was wonderful. And it was nice to see Lady Baltimore. The trails were nice to walk on too. It was sunny that day and beautiful up there.
    View All 227 Mount Roberts Tramway Reviews
  • Nature Tour
    The rainforest was wonderful. I would love to spend more time there. The plants were so unique, some of them. And the guides were wonderful. The place was so peaceful.
    View All 11 Nature Tour Reviews
  • Wilderness Tour & Crab Feast
    Ahh, the rainforest was gorgeous. The guide was knowledgeable. I could have spent more time in there walking around. It was beautiful. And the animals, the eagles and owl were wonderful to see at the sanctuary. I'm glad to see people taking care of the injured ones. The totem carver was great. As was the blacksmith. The crab legs? Well, let's just say I ate my share! They were delicious! So huge! Wonderful flavor. Nice place there. I would love to return some day!
    View All 118 Wilderness Tour & Crab Feast Reviews
  • White Pass Scenic Railway
    Oh wow! This was great! The landscape was wonderful. Amazing! We rode the train to Fraser and got off and on to a bus on up into the Yukon. It was wonderful. I would do it again in a minute!
    View All 1,084 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews