3. Crown Princess
So this was our first and last cruise. I found if you like to wake up, eat, walk about a boat, eat again, walk some more and then eat while looking for stuff to do then a cruise is ideal. We were bored most of the trip, we don't eat like grazing cows, we don't gamble and we like to explore. Also we don't drink like we are just out of high school so having to pay $3.75 per bottle of water was crazy to me. The days we were at port, two were great. Mostly all day excursions which were far cheaper booked off the boat. However two days "or a few hours I should say" were nearly pointless. There is too much to see and do with only four hours off the boat. Our room was nice, we had a balcony room, and our stateroom steward was awesome! He took very good care of us, he had what seemed like unlimited knowledge of the boat and ports we were visiting. Most of the crew on the crown princess was this way. My biggest issues with the cruise came when the trip was over. I enrolled "or thought I did" in a service called EZ Check. This service is supposed to transport you and your luggage from the ship to the airport. As with everything on a cruise ship it was an additional fee. Due to the amount of people trying to get off the ship I figured it would be a good idea, I was charged a fee and figured everything was set up. Morning came, instructions were followed for leaving my luggage outside my stateroom for crew pick up and transport. We received our ride from the ship to the airport and were waiting for our flight when I got a phone call. The call was from the transport company saying my luggage was in their possession at the airport and she was asking where I was currently. I advised I was waiting at the gate to bored my flight and I explained I had enrolled in EZ Check, I was assured this was an oversight and my luggage would make in onto my plane. I think it is important to note that I had plenty of time to go pick up my luggage, take it to the airline check in, "which was pre paid" and get back to the gate prior to take off. However being confident in the service which I paid for I did not. Well the flight was on time, we landed and went to claim our luggage. It was not there, and of course this was on a holiday weekend so three days pass before I'm contacted by princess cruises. I'm told I did not enroll in EZ Check and only enrolled in transport of myself from the ship to the airport. I'm also told it would be an additional charge of just over $90.00 dollars to get my luggage sent to me via FedEx. So here I am five days after my cruise which was nearly $5500 dollars for the two of us, plus the additional money spent on board and I still don't have my luggage. A cruise may be great for some but for us, we will never go on another.

First and Last Time on a Cruise

Jayson41’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Premium Balcony
Cabin B4 R230
Clean, okay sized but very well taken care of by our steward.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Glacier Bay
    There is no opportunity to get off the ship here however the ship was guided within a few hundred feet of the glaciers. It was awesome to hear the glaciers as they moved, and see as the large pieces of ice fell into the water. This is where having a balcony room really paid off.
    View All 681 Glacier Bay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Glacier Bay Cruise Port Review
  • Juneau
    We took a tram to the top of a nearby mountain and went hiking. It was very nice, after we had lunch and walked around town. Other than being the normal tourist trap it was very nice stay.
    View All 1,486 Juneau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Juneau Cruise Port Review
  • Ketchikan
    The city was nice, we only had four hours to port and this was early morning hours. Most of the attractions within walking distance were closed. The shops were open as well as a lumberjack show. We choose to walk the city just to explore. We visited Creek Street which was said to be an old red light district. It was good to see but filled with the same tourist shops as the rest of the city selling the same items. If I had more time I would have like to have visited the rain forest but I was not willing to risk not making it back to the boat on time.
    View All 1,721 Ketchikan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Ketchikan Cruise Port Review
  • Yukon Van Tour
    Our drivers name was Brian, his knowledge of the area was great. During our trip we saw bears roaming around, eagles flying, and other wild life. Brian stopped the small tour bus multiple times for photos and had a few stops he know for a great opportunity for an amazing back drop for a photo. The tour went into the Yukon and met at a dog team ranch where lunch was provided. After the same route was taken home. The day was very worth it and for a total of $200 the entire day was filled. I very much recommend this trip.
    View All 120 Yukon Van Tour Reviews
  • Vancouver
    This place was great! Again we only had a few hours, but the city was awesome, good food, local bars. I would like to go spend a few days here off of a cruise. Our time here was late afternoon so the night life was coming out. Everyone working the area was nice, and it was easy to get through Canadian customs "or whatever they call themselves".
    View All 628 Vancouver Cruise Port Reviews