3. Carnival Dream
Along with my two sisters, and a good friend, I boarded the Carnival Dream for an all girl week. It has been about 10 years since I was on a cruise ship, and I have never cruised the Caribbean before, so I was surprised, and disappointed, that we were on the Carnival "experience". The sales pitches were unrelenting, the entertainment was high school-ish (with the one exception of Marcus Anthony, which was amazing). The food was just ok, but the staff was unerringly attentive and courteous. At the end of the second port stop (Belize) I began to wonder if we were simply sailing in a big circle while the people at the port changed signs. Each port was generically the same, owned by Carnival, and shopping was limited and expensive. We booked two tours. The first, a glass bottom boat experience, with stops at a cameo factory and a rum cake bakery, was not bad. The second, a trip to view the Mayan ruins, was excruciatingly boring. 5 hours on a bus, 1 hour at the site (no educational info, except from a guide that spoke very strongly accented English that was difficult to understand), and twenty minutes for lunch. On the Mayan adventure, we were asked to fill out ratings forms, and hand them back to the guide. No real value in ratings that we know were read, and possibly discarded, by the guide if they were not very complimentary. I left mine mostly blank. No more cruises for me.

Felt captive on Carnival Ground Hog Day.

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Sistersthree+1

No more cruises for me.
Sistersthree+1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

• Xunantunich
    5 hours, total,on bus. Guide talked incessantly for first 2 1/2 hour trip. We had to work hard to understand him and finally gave up listening. Tour of ruins did not include museum, so we had no idea what we were really seeing.(ran through museum on way back to bus). Rushed lunch, but good food. Would rather have spent the day on the ship.
    View All 46 Xunantunich Reviews
  • Cozumel
    Every port has the exact same stores. Craft items are pricey since the vendors pay the high Carnival rent. High pressure sales tactics all around. No feel of th
    View All 6,701 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • New Orleans
    We simply embarked in New Orlean. Efficient, crowded by bell men wanting a tip, who hurried us, even though we had two hours until sail time.
    Disembarkation was orderly and efficient.
    Wish the covered garage had not been full. We paid $112 for parking on a dirt lot filled with mud puddles. Car was safe, though.
    View All 622 New Orleans Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's New Orleans Cruise Port Review
  • Glass Bottom Boat
    30 minute boat ride and stops at rum cake factory and cameo factory. Boat ride was amazing and fun, but brief. Rum cake factory felt artificially manned, and the cameo experience was fun.
    View All 33 Glass Bottom Boat Reviews