3. Jewel of the Seas
When a company tries to nickel and dime their customers, they are destroying customer relations. And that is what Royal Caribbean has done for me on this my last cruise, and very certainly my last cruise with RC for some time. Pros: 1. Great itinerary. The overnight in San Francisco was great! 2. The people. Most of the staff were great people. Even if they weren't helpful, they still tried hard. No complaints there. Cons: 1. Tried to nickel and dime by insisting on doing the conversion (from US$ to CDN$) of charges on the credit card when I specifically asked them not to during check-in and at the guest relations desk. 2. Guest Relations Desk was very unwilling to help. 3. Make the check-in process more bearable. We had gold status but the ones in the regular lines must have been there for over an hour. 4. Couldn't get our dining request for table of 4, even though we'd booked 6 months in advance and our travel agent had asked ahead of time. In fact, 2 of us were on one table, and our moms were on a different table, even though we checked in together. In the end, they never did meet our request, and so we spent only half the time at the formal dining room. 5. Pay more attention to the quality of food. Some of the items in the formal dining room was terrible! 6. Make the food service more available. There's a big gap between 8:30 and 11:30pm where you cannot get food unless you're willing to pay for it. 7. Bear responsibility for the ship's mechanical problems instead of calling it a "safety issue" and making the passenger's suffer. Due to mechanical issues, we were late leaving SF for about 8 hours, which resulted in our arriving in Victoria at night, when everything was closed. All of our plans were wrecked. And, we asked for internet to compensate so that we could do some of the things we had planned to do online during business hours if we had been in port, but that simple request was denied. As you can see, there's something VERY LACKING in terms of customer relations on this ship. And fact is, some of these issues were experienced on other Royal Caribbean cruises. You can fill out their survey after the cruise, but nothing changes. In all fairness, not all was lost, and we still managed to have a good time. But when the industry is so competitive, and there are so many cruise lines to choose from, I would have to say, RC would be my least favorite. If their itinerary wasn't the one that met our needs the most, for a certainty we would not sail with them again.

No One Likes to be Nickel and Dimed

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by _Marshbird

Pros:

1. Great itinerary. The overnight in San Francisco was great!

Cons:

2. Guest Relations Desk was very unwilling to help.

_Marshbird’s Full Rating Summary