MSC Divina Cruise Review

Missed Bermuda!!!

MSC Divina Cruise Review by jayveebee

• Sail Date: Apr 2015
  • Destination: Transatlantic

I booked this cruise SPECIFICALLY to visit Bermuda. As we sailed from New York we were given the bad news that we would not be going to Bermuda because of bad weather. However, one person whilst booking the cruise with an agent, was told that Bermuda would probably be missed. another was told by a crew member that it would probably be missed and a lady due to board in Bermuda was told 2 days before she would have to fly to New York at her own expense!!

We were given no compensation, not even port dues etc which is usual for a missed port. We did have extra time in Ponta Delgado and Lisbon but I was not interested in them!!

The ship itself was very nicely presented. I ate in the dining room in the evening and the food and service were good as were my table companions. I cruise alone and I am diabetic and there is always little choice of desserts so I ended up with sorbet most of the time.

I ate breakfast and lunch in the buffet where the food was good with plenty of choice apart from the cakes, of course. The sugar free option was sponge, shaving foam, sponge and a bit of fruit on top, sometimes white, pink or green but always kept under the counter like a dirty secret!! I refused it each day after the first day, one bite was enough, disgusting!!

I rarely go to the entertainment in the evening, the Beatles tribute was good but the flamenco a bit silly, the rest was mostly classical or opera which I don't like.

I love quizzes and they were good, we had a good team and won several or were second.

Overall I enjoyed it, enough sunbeds for sea days to sit and read on deck. Never go to the spa, bars etc. However, missing Bermuda was a big disappointment and I have read reviews on otherMSC cruises where they have shortened the visit.=, so not to be trusted!!

jayveebee's Full Rating Summary

Cabin 2 12166

I had an inside cabin with a big bed. perfectly adequate for little me, good shower altho I hate them. No BBC on the tv for the second part of the cruise. Quite quiet. a bit of 'scraping' noises sometimes.

King's Wharf

WE DIDN'T GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New York (Manhattan)

nEW yORK WAS GREAT!!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Miami

I love South Beach Miami and always factor in a few days there to recover from jetlag. I just go to the beach and read..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Ponta Delgada

Nice place good public transport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisbon

Been there several times. lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seville

Cadiz is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jayveebee