• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

buffetalltheway
6-10 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: May 2015
Cabin:

The 12 day Grand Mediterranean Cruise departing from Venice and arriving in Barcelona was a wonderful itinerary and the destinations were superb. As usual we booked our shore excursions through external parties as the cruise line excursions are always pricey.

The staff were the best part of the ship. Our cabin steward Eugine was really great and he saved us some money giving us the heads up that there would be a laundry promotion - laundry on the ship is super expensive. I wish they would have let us know that they would be putting tags on our clothing though. The tags were stuck on with a strong glue and when pulling them off they damaged some of my clothing. Overall would not recommend getting laundry done on the ship. The shows were great and all the dining staff were superb.

The ship had many amenities and there was lots to see and do. However many of the public facilities and areas were old and tired looking. The gym had a rubber smell that was difficult to tolerate when working out. I'm an avid gym enthusiast so that was hard to swallow. I did like the selection of equipment though and the fridge full of cold towels were nice.

2 Helpful Votes