3. Celebrity Reflection
This is our 2nd time w/ Celebrity Reflection in 6 mo., & we downgraded our overall ratings for the following reasons: 1. Handicap room is not safe for the handicapped passengers. My husband had a wonderful exp. w/ Royal Carribean Freedom of the Sea's handicap room. Its thoughoutful design & spaciousness won him over, thus he insisted on choosing the Celebrity's handicap room. What a disappointment that was! First all, there's a design flaw. Instead of the drainage all around the shower area like the RC, there was a rectangle drainage at the corner. Depending how we docked at a particular port, our entire bathroom was flooded. At one time, we had 10 towels on the soaking floor. This created two health hazard: 1) possible trip & fall, & 2) mildew triggered asthma problems. Fortunately for my husband, I moved all the towels at night to make sure his safety. Unfortunately to me, a healthy athletic, I slipped. While I was trying to hold on to the wall, I bent my wrist inward & hurt for a few days. However, the pressing issue is what if my husband splipped & fell. Can Celebrity afford such contingency injury b/c of poor safety design? As you can imagine, the flooding issue may cause the mildew problem. One time my husband was on the other side of the boat & walking by two handicapped room during the cleaning, he said the strong smell almost unbearable. As soon as we were on the boat the 1st day, we addressed the issue to the supervisor. Boy, did they try! Before we knew it, a half of our vacation was gone & the smell was still there. My husband begged for a regular room b/c he couldn't breathe, but the room were all occupied. The worst of all was we couldn't have a direct talk w/ a designated person. The person my husband was referred to played the phone tags w/ us in 3 days. The officer who came over 11:30 pm at our room to see the flood situation promised us he would take care of the issue, but we never heard back from him. Until I spot the dirty toilet brush, did we get sone relief from the mildew smell. Otherwise, our vacation would have been ruined just by those 2 issues. 2. Smoking As soon as we were on board the first day, we smelt the smoking from our neighbor cabin. We talked to the supervisor. She said to let her know next time, which happened to be the next day. She & one crew member witnessed the guest's smoking w/ a cigarette between his fingers. She said it's against the Celebrity's policy to smoke on balcony & promised us she would take care of it immediately. Maybe she did; however, the last night before our returning to Rome, the smoking was back again. Instead of enjoying the sound of ocean waves, we shut our balcony door tight to protect our lungs. 3. International sales call I received an international sales call from one of the tours we booked through the Celebrity. Seemed there's a local manufacture presentation scheduled at the end of each group tour. One of them was carpet making in Turkey. I had to say they were aggressive of selling their merchandise to you, but what made me furious was Celebrity may have passed our personal information to them. When I picked up the phone the other day, the first thing the man said, "This is John. Did you enjoy your tour at our carpet place in Turkey?" I never even gave the my name, much less my cell phone. How did they get my information? I'm doubtful I will sign up any more group tours w/ Celebrity arrangement unless Celebrity can safeguard our personal data. 4. Blue restaurant & Oceanview cafe The quality of Blue had definitely gone down. There were sand in my spinach salad, & the meat was dry, so we ate either in specialty restaurants or to the Oceanview for our dinner. W/ so many international crew members, one would think someone can give an honest opinion about the food representing his/her country's cuisine. If the label says, "Fried Rice", in a Chinese station, it'd better have some evidence of shredded eggs in there, but there was none. The sushi station did not have any eel rolls, whereas RC did. If Celebrity claims to provide a better experience than the RC, please show us some evidence.

Poor Handicap Room Design and Inadequate Customer Service

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Lovecru00

1. Handicap room is not safe for the handicapped passengers.

2. Smoking