3. Disney Wonder
We embarked at the San Diego Pier. Check-in was easy and well-organized. We arrived at the terminal at 11:30 AM and were on the ship by 12:08 PM. The ship was clean and had a good smell - some cruise ships have a harsh chemical smell because of the cleaners, but the Wonder had a pleasant smell throughout. Also has the best bathrooms on any cruise ship I've been on, and I've been on several. Because the cruise line is geared toward families, the ship had more bathrooms and better toilet paper than any other ship I've sailed on, which can be very important when you take medication that - shall we say - makes the need for facilities all the more necessary. We had lunch at Parrot Cay, one of three main dining venues on board. It was buffet style, while the wait staff brought us our drinks. Food was delicious, with lots of selections to choose from. Nothing was too salty or under/over cooked. By 1:30 our stateroom was ready. Our room steward, Sumarta, was very helpful and friendly. I introduced myself and my husband to him, and asked that he keep our stateroom well stocked with soap and towels, as we are large people. I have always believed that a little kindness and a little cash goes a long way with hotel staff, and I can't emphasize enough how well that practice ensures a pleasant trip. We were never without soap, shampoo, towels, or stationery, towel animals, or the cute little chocolates on our pillow at night! The stateroom has recently undergone a renovation, with a new bed and new carpet, as well as new pillows and sheets. I did notice a little bit of rust around the porthole opening - ours was a navigator's verandah, but that is to be expected with an older ship. All the staff we encountered, from guest services to wait staff to pool attendants, were friendly and helpful. Never a sour attitude among them! Whenever I had a question, they were more than happy to find an answer/solution. My husband had forgotten his cufflinks, and the guest services staff made us a cute little safety pin solution. Thanks again to Jerry at guest services! We dined at Palo, and our server Alvaro was top notch. The food was delicious - cooked exactly the way we wanted it. I requested a well-done filet, and it was cooked beautifully, while my husband had a rare Miyazaki beef that he said was one of the most delicious cuts of meat he's ever tasted. The next night we had room service - it was delivered within the half-hour and it was pretty good. The hamburger and the steak sandwich was excellent, but the chicken strips were too fatty - but that's usually the case with chicken strips. We didn't dine at the main dining venues for dinner, as we had Palo and room service, so we can't comment on the service/food. The port at Ensenada is pleasant enough, but we've been there several times and decided not to get off the ship. Rather, we enjoyed the pool and hot tub, and it was great - though heavily chlorinated, perhaps a bit too much. My only disappointment is with the entertainment. I had heard that the nightly shows weren't too good, and they weren't lying. Poor singing, bad lighting, bad acting - we did one show and called it quits on that. A duo playing in the main atrium was also a poor act - they kept hitting sour notes. The only highlight for the entertainment was in the Cadillac Lounge, where the piano player was superb. In all it was a pleasant voyage, one that I would happily take again. Yes, it is expensive. Yes, there are a lot of children on board. Yes, it's head to toe Disney-themed. But if you take a Disney Cruise with the full knowledge of the prices, themes, and the kids, you'll do just fine.

Exceeded my expectations!

Disney Wonder Cruise Review by Cruiseyourtroublesaway

Cruiseyourtroublesaway’s Full Rating Summary
Get Disney Wonder price drops

It's a large cabin with a comfortable verandah. Though it's sheltered all the way around, you can still see the ocean when you sit down. The room itself has new carpet and new bedding. You can sometimes hear the squeaking of the walls as the cabin rubs against the ship itself, but that's not too much of a problem.
  Disney Wonder Deck Plans