3. Norwegian Epic
Having read reviews on NCL Cruises I decided to bite the bullet and book a holiday with Norwegian Epic. The main attraction for me was that it was my first Cruise and I was traveling alone. I checked out the website and found that this particular Ship had Solo Staterooms and a Singles' lounge. The price was so good and the reviews made me feel confident that this was the one for me. All the bookings and the information on tickets etc were online. I did however book originally through an agent. I finally flew to Barcelona and had a transfer to the Ship. Once at the Dock, everything was efficiently sorted out and in no time I was on the Ship. I have to use a crutch to walk with due to my disabilities problem. I was looked after in many ways on the ship and any time when I went on any excursions. The Service on board was very good and the Solo cabin was more roomy than it looked on the website. Plenty of storage and comfortable bed. The Steward was very efficient and nothing was too much trouble. He was friendly and worked hard but always had a smile and a greeting whenever he saw me in the corridor. The food on the Ship in the main restaurants was very good and presented well. The staff on the ship always made sure that everything went smoothly and everything was kept clean and tidy. There were various restaurants where for a charge did something different. The Moderno Restaurant also Brazilian was very good. Especially if you enjoy your meat. Service second to none. The Buffet had plenty of choice and iced tea, water and tea and coffee were free at the Buffet area. So was ice cream. The pub also served meals 24 hours free of charge. The Theatre had two main shows. The 'Burn the Floor' show was excellent and it was amazing how good the dancers and singers were. It was something quite original and not the day to day type of musical. The other show was three different acts impersonating three different people. On my trip it was Sting, Gloria Estaphan and Rod Stewart. Not perfect but most of the audience enjoyed it. There are various other forms of entertainment and plenty of different lounges. Singing and dancing outside on the pool deck and an outside Cinema with very up to date Films. If you have children it was great as there were special entertainment areas for them. There were a number of various excursions on each day of various prices and levels of walking etc. It was a perfect way of having a holiday alone and if you are willing to join in with others, you soon make some friends. I think because it is not as formal as some other Ships people are more friendly and are ready to enjoy their holiday. The Ship gave you a newsletter every day so you can see what is happening in different parts of the ship. The Captain spoke over a loud speaker and also kept us up to date on where we were etc. The television gives you up to date information on what you have spent on board (in Dollars). It also has information on all the excursions so you can work out what is best for you. There are different information desks so you can always be sure to speak to someone if you have a problem or need advice on anything. When it came to the end of the cruise disembarkation was very efficiently handled and labels for your Suitcases were given the day before leaving the ship. A wonderful holiday. I am sure that I will go again in the next year or so.

First, but not Last Cruise; NCL in Mediterranean

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by jackiewarren50

I am sure that I will go again in the next year or so.
jackiewarren50’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Studio
Cabin T1 11507
My cabin was 2 minutes away from the Singles' lounge and the lifts/stairways. It was very peaceful inside the Stateroom. My cabin was above the sea level. There was plenty of storage and if needed you can ask for more hangers. Excellent Shower with body gel and shampoo and a hairdryer is provided. Lighting was good and you were able to manage how bright or low you wanted them to be. There is a telephone and this also can wake you in the morning if you want to be woken at a particular time.

There are lots of cupboard space for all your toiletries etc. plenty of plug sockets and you need to have the two round prongs to adapt your UK plug. There is space under the bed for your empty suitcases. There is a digital safe inside one of the cupboards. You can have your clothes cleaned if you wish, for a sum of money. There is a comfortable double bed and plenty of towels. The room is cleaned every day and bins are emptied at least twice a day. You can decide if you want to have your room cleaned or have a sleepy morning. The service in these cabins is as good as anywhere on the ship.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    Very unexpected as thought we would go straight to ship after landing at Barcelona. Very well organised and helped pass the time before going on board the Ship.
    View All 251 City Tour Reviews
  • Cruise Line Shuttle
    Took the tender to the port and then went on the small train that went around Cannes. This cost 10 euros and well worth the journey. It was Cannes Festival week so very busy but exciting.
    View All 5 Cruise Line Shuttle Reviews
  • City Tour
    Informative and enjoyable tour of Naples City. We went to various parts of the town and the surroundings. We also had the opportunity to take photos.
    View All 68 City Tour Reviews
  • Sorrento
    Beautiful scenery on the way to Sorrento. Excellent guide, friendly and informative. We visited a small factory of wooded goods and then went to Sorrento for a walk around the shops before having lunch at a lovely Pizza Restaurant. We had two different pizzas and all the wine you could drink. After than we had a short tour around Naples. Very enjoyable and well organised by the Ship.
    View All 157 Sorrento Reviews