• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Queen Elizabeth Review

Editor Rating
23 Awards

Cunard, you need to up your game.

Review for Queen Elizabeth to Trans-Ocean
Marchcruise
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2015
Cabin: Balcony

The ship was cold 18-19 degrees - staff didn't respond until the last few days of cruise and then temperature rose to other extreme 28 degrees. Passengers all developed illness whilst on board. Some staff were very good but generally staff needed customer service training. The ship ran out of basic supplies like cough medicine, hot chocolate, berries etc which meant passengers had to buy their own at various ports. Some of the fruit on display was rotten and they commented " it just discolouration". Not enough spoons to stir drinks - had to use forks instead, Queues to get off the ship at ports poorly organised (2.5 hour wait at one port). T shirts got burnt through soot coming out of chimneys on two occasions. To cap it all I tried to call Cunard to provide comments and they weren't interested - they asked me to hold the line while transferring me to someone more senior and following a 15 minute wait I was cut off. Worse cruise I've ever been on.

Only thing I enjoyed was the Bridge classes

Balcony

Cleaning inside the cabin was okay but windows on balcony were never cleaned (well only by me with a tissue). I also cleaned debris from drains 4 times. I didn't like to ask the cabin attendant because he seemed so busy.

Port Reviews

Sydney (Australia)

Always love Sydney and we made our own arrangements here. Sydney was fine. This was of port of embarkation. The welcome on the ship could have been better. When I asked where our room was the member of crew just pointed to the back of the ship and told us to ask a crew member. We felt that they could have been more helpful as this was our first time on Cunard.

Brisbane

We made our own arrangements in Brisbane. The City was not new to us and we had arranged to meet others. The weather was also good. No cruise excursion was planned.

Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)

Not well organised. Lots of waiting around. Regardless of trip you had booked Cunarders seemed to end up at the same place. Time to exit the ship was unnecessarily long.

Find a Queen Elizabeth Cruise from $349