Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review
1,874 Reviews

Go elsewhere; don't waste your money.

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Sherib71

• Sail Date: Apr 2015
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah 2B

This is our 5th cruise, we did back to back from miami transatlantic then mederteranian rome to Rome on celebrity reflection. We travelled from Australia and expected obviously too much from this cruise line.

As for the cruise our first leg of 16 days was a nightmare. We went to our room on arrival only not to be allowed in till around 4pm. By this time, it was late and we wanted to change and unpack. We went to the room 6131 and found that someone from the last cruise had been sick in it and it smelt of vomit and the carpet near the bed was wet. We went to guess relations and they sent up a cleaner who told us he would have to strip the room and the bed to clean it. The room would not be ready till 8pm. We went bak to guess relations and asked for another room and reluctantly they agreed. However could not guarantee us the same room for back to back. Even though I paid for this privilege. So we got a same room balcony 7248.

The service in the dining room was very poor and resulted in us walking out on several occasions without being served. We had one time where we waited over 30 minutes of a menu and water. The bars were not open as per there itinerary and often did not open till 4pm. The sea days of which were 8 to start with were disappointing with no entertainment during the day. No special brunch days or bbq”s or fruit carving or ice carving in which the Royal Caribbean do all the time. The food in the buffet did not change for 8 days from lunch to dinner. the food was also heavy on salt and sugar rendering most foods inedible for us. You could not get even a sandwich in the buffet until day 9 on the cruise and everything seemed that you needed to pay for it. Pay for a basic panini sandwich. Pay for a basic BBQ. The speciality restaurants were $50 a head which is ridiculous.

The casino was not very good with slot games that i have on my computer they are so old. the bar staff you had to chase up for a drink. The layout of celebrity reflection I found disappointing. There were no seated bars to sit and enjoy the ocean views like the schooner bar in royal Caribbean. all areas are out in the open and deliver no ambience. The top sky bar people were smoking so we could not sit there and the only other area was the pool bar. The entertainment non existent. Anyway, by the time we got to the end of the first leg of the cruise we were told we would not be able to leave the ship in rome, could not go out, had to sit and wait for hours to work out what room we would be in. We had to pack up our stuff, carry our possessions with us until the old people got off the boat, the new ones boarded and the ship sailed before we could have a room. This was unacceptable. They tried to give us the original room back 6131. We did not want it knowing it had been vomited in. We went to speak with managers and anyone who would listen in guess relations only no one would listen to us. We spoke to Alex who could not care less and offered a concierge room as consultation but still could not fix the situation.

Finally we spoke to some other australians who asked us to speak with the assistant manager Rachel Wever. By this stage I broke down in tears and asked her to get us off the ship and go back home I was sick of it. She offered us a sky suite to compensate. We took this and got the opportunity to use the other dining rooms. To me it was better food and service. My only issue is that on the last morning the staff were despondent and did not care and were to the point of rude and did not serve us in the lumina dining room. I also asked to see a doctor on the evening before as i had a pain in my ear and could not get to see him, the nurse told me unless its urgent go to the shop and get some cold and flu tablets ! I then spent 200euros getting a GP in Rome!

So the holiday was good and the ports were good. I loved Santorini and Mykonos was my favourite. I would do another mederterainian cruise however i would never travel with Celebrity again i would use another cruise line.

Sherib71's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah 2B

Beware suite 9376 has a pole in the middle of the room

Cinque Terre

Awesome experience beautiful place excellent tour guide

View All 99 Cinque Terre Reviews
Monte Carlo Walking Tour

Excellent to see all beautiful expensive cars in one place

View All 9 Monte Carlo Walking Tour Reviews
Old Monaco

Lovely place good trip and best trip

View All 3 Old Monaco Reviews
Royal Palace

Good trip informative

View All 1 Royal Palace Reviews
Montserrat Walking Tour

Fantastic lunch was good, beautiful place, only negative tour guide talked that long we missed out on getting to go into the church to hear the choir as too many people

View All 118 Montserrat Walking Tour Reviews

Very good delightful tour excellent tour guide

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Orotava Valley

Very good tour guide abit full on but lovely place

View All 5 Orotava Valley Reviews
PuebloChico

Very good tour

View All 2 PuebloChico Reviews
Miami

Port is ok very rushed and busy...........................................................................................................................

Sherib71