3. Azamara Journey
We took the 10 night Greek Isles Amalfi coast cruise 4/27/15. At first glance, the ship is so similar to the Quest that it's amazing:) We thoroughly enjoyed everything about our last 2 cruises on Azamara so we were so excited! But it wasn't quiet there for us. The staff is fantastic, don't get me wrong but the cruise director and his staff left alot to be desired. We hardly saw them except to greet us going into a show. Russ on the Quest was everywhere! His personality was caring, loving and fun.. Didn't feel that with Tony.. I hear that He fills in for both cruise directors on a rotational basis. But that's not the only thing or I'd chalk it up to a bland CD week.. The entertainment before dinner and in the casino lounge was not good. I am a kind person but it was difficult at times. Why doesn't The Journey have a band playing in the Looking Glass at 5;50 to 7 so we can dance and party a bit before dinner? The Quest had a 2 person band that we all loved, especially after a long day of sightseeing. Plus they playing up there at 930-1030pm before the DJ got started. Many of us have a hard time staying awake unless we have activities to keep us busy, such as a little dancing:) Most are in bed by 1030-11pm. Why did the Journey have a guitar player that really put us all to sleep? Nice and friendly guy but very low key... BTW Roy and Carlos were the best waiters! But I digress... The wines choosen each day were very good, we thought.. We did hear people complaining that there was too much Sauvignon Blanc for the white choices but we like that so its all good. If you didn't like that wine choice, you can politely ask for one of the previous days choices, but be nice and not demanding. I think that's where folks don't get what they want as we've never had a problem getting any drink on the package or any wine we asked for within reason:) Overall, we had a wonderful time because we always do when we travel. The itinerary and Azamazing evening were just that, amazing! How they move everybody and do what they do is a miracle in itself:) Don't be afraid to go on one as you'll be sorry if you don't! Azamara is a great product. The captain drove us over in the tender to the dock in Amalfi. You won't get that on a large cruise ship! They are a great Boutique line and we'll go on them again, it might be the Quest though:)

Good but Not as Good as the Quest

Azamara Journey Cruise Review by weluv2trvl

BTW Roy and Carlos were the best waiters! But I digress...

Overall, we had a wonderful time because we always do when we travel.

weluv2trvl’s Full Rating Summary