3. Norwegian Getaway
My first experience cruising ever. I'm over 50 and discussed my 7 day eastern Caribbean cruise with others who have traveled with Norwegian and other cruise lines. They provided great insight into what to expect and I would recommend anyone considering a cruise to discuss boat travel so they have some ideas of what they might encounter. I was pleasantly surprised by the upbeat, kind and very professional staff on this cruise. I don't have anything to compare it with but I have traveled quite a bit and have not had an experience quite like this one. The entertainment was outstanding. The food, Out of this world. I know I gained weight but it was well worth it. My balcony suite was much smaller than expected but it was enough for me. One person. My wife passed away almost a year ago and this getaway helped me to work through my depression. I have no complaints. I felt right a home. More things to do and see than I could cram into 1 week. But it was just what I wanted. I saw and did exactly what I wanted. I would highly recommend this ship and destination.

First Cruise

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by aldubose1

• Sail Date: May 2015
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

I would highly recommend this ship and destination.
aldubose1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BC 11160
Smaller than expected. But very clean and enough for one person.
No issues with the room other than the size. Randy the person who took care of my room, was very nice. Very professional. Greeted me kindly whenever we saw each other.
He ensured I had what I needed and did an excellent job.

The view was remarkable, I was very pleased.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Nassau
    This location is beautiful. I didn't take an excursion but did inquire about the cost.
    I had just done parasailing in St. Thomas and wanted to know the cost independently.
    It was cheaper. I wonder if I would have had the same kind of experience but not a big deal. I had accomplished my plan anyway. The $30 difference was not important to me at the time but it does make you wonder. Because I had to stay on-board to print my return flight boarding pass I didn't get to see as much of the Bahamas as I would have liked. I did have a wonderful time on the taxi ride and over at the casino. This is memory I will not soon forget.
    View All 5,786 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
  • Parasailing
    Para sailing was something I challenged myself to accomplish.
    The booking personnel were curious and quick. The coordinating staff help get us to the boat. The boat staff made me feel at ease as much as possible.
    They took excellent pictures for me. They did an outstanding job. I DID IT and I'm very proud of myself.

Thanks for the opportunity
    View All 7 Parasailing Reviews
  • Tortola
    The view from the ship was beautiful. I wasn't interested in seeing this location at the time. But with so many people leaving the boat. It allowed me more access to prime seating on the deck near the pool and the use of the hot tub without any competition for a seat.
    View All 1,358 Tortola Cruise Port Reviews