Marco Polo Cruise Review

Not Much to Fault

Marco Polo Cruise Review by welshboy6800

• Sail Date: May 2015
  • Destination: the British Isles & Western Europe

Two of us travelled independently on this cruise around the British Isles. Find Tilbury from the M25 was a bit of a nightmare, but posssibly that was due to road works, although the road signs were poor too. Once there embarkation was quite efficient although a little slow.

The cabin was fine. we each had an inner twin although booked for singles so plenty of room really. The tv was the old CRT and frequently lost signal. My friend's was very poor and was never sorted even after reporting it.

Food was very good, and I particularly liked their idea of showing the actual dishes outside the restaurant before the meal. It helped make up ones mind. The wine service was rather slow. They needed more wine waiters but otherwise our table waiter was efficient and pleasant.

I took the all inclusive drinks package at £17 per day which I felt was good value. It included most cocktails as well as wine and beer. I was able to try things never before sampled. Mmmm! I would also mention that they do not seem to check your hand luggage as you go on board so those who want to take some of their own booze could probably do so easily.

Being singles , unfortunately we were seated at a table of other singles for the evening meal.It was a table of 8 but there were only 5 of us so it was more difficult to mingle. I would prefer to change tables every night and meet other people, although I recognize this is not for everyone. At breakfast and at tea we were placed on tables according to first come first served which was good to sit by new people.

The entertainment was very good with Jonothan the cruise director working very hard. It was much better than that on FRed Olsen which I sampled recently. The comedian, however was not quite as good. On one stormy night the dancers performed amazingly well considering the roll of the boat. Brilliant.

One good thing is that CM provide free shuttles to the town when necessary which Fred Olsen charged for.

Overall I have to say it was excellent value for money. It's not 5 star but you can't expect it at their prices. I would certainly travel with them again.

welshboy6800's Full Rating Summary