3. Carnival Liberty
The cabins were a good size bigger than I had thought. The staff was real helpful with my mom who had arrived in a wheelchair and need a cooler for her insulin. The excursions where a bit pricey but the guarantee that the ship won't leave without you is worth the extra insurance. They also have a price match program. The only downside I encountered was with the "CHEERS" program. I was not notified that I needed a signed doctor note from my moms doctor. She is a diabetic and can't drink. We rented the insulin cooler to boot and they still wouldn't let me purchase the "CHEERS" for myself. We were unsuccessful in getting in touch with the doctor to fax the letter. I didn't get to partake in the fun "CHEERS" with friends that I met on board. But, it did keep me from drinking too much as I refused to spend too much on the drinks. They were pretty weak in my opinion and not worth the full price I was paying. Drinks were about $8 to $12 each, Carnival automatically adds 15% gratuity to each drink order. The Punchline series is awesome. Of the 4 comics the ship had, 3 were very entertaining. The show with the Liberty dancers and singers was just OK. They did do a good job recovering in open choppy waters we experienced. Filipe was fun, engaging and entertaining along with his staff, most notably JC and Benjamin. WooHoo.... I enjoyed the Hot and Cool Club every night. I had a great time dancing. Wish there were more straight singles there. Another thing I liked is that the Liberty only had one sea day and we were in 5 different ports in 7 days. I feel it maximized my Caribbean experience. I would recommend this cruise.

Exceeded Expectations

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by luvbear4@rocketmail.com

I would recommend this cruise.
luvbear4@rocketmail.com’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Liberty price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6C 2263
The cabin was of good size. The only problem- We couldn't see too well out of the window as it was really dirty.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Catamaran Tour
    The catamaran was clean and operated smoothly. The staff was very helpful with my mom who is not a strong swimmer. She was able to snorkel with the group and swim with the turtles and see the string rays.
    View All 96 Catamaran Tour Reviews
  • San Juan
    The Carnival transfer service took us right where we needed to be. The staff was helpful and friendly. We were given priority service because my mom was in a wheelchair.
    View All 3,804 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • Rainforest Tour
    We went on the 4 x 4 Safari and beach excursion. The guide was excellent and really knew his flora. We went up into the St. Kitts rainforest and it was very nice up in the private residence. We took pictures and had complimentary juice with special St. Kitts rum. Nice surprise. We then headed to the beach. The only thing is that we missed the food. It was late and we were hungry. My mom really needed to eat because of diabetes. The manager was able to arrange the chef to cook her a burger. So nice of them.
    View All 39 Rainforest Tour Reviews
  • Ziplining
    I've been on other zipline tours that offer more lines and also allowed the participant to brake themselves and be more active. I did enjoy our guides and the flora. There wasn't any fauna to speak of. There were a couple of surprises for us on the trip, which was nice. The pictures were good, but wished they could have been emailed as my picture was damaged in transit back home. :(
    View All 30 Ziplining Reviews
  • Beach
    I loved the location on Orient Beach and being able to go topless. The only drawback and disappointment to this location was the peddlers. I was interrupted it seems like every 2 minutes while settling in to my lounge chair. First, as I was removing my clothes (do I want to buy a pretty cover?), putting my hair up (do you want braids?), putting my sunscreen on (do you want a massage?). No, No, No. I just want to relax at the beach. I finally had a enough and went into the water where I spent the rest of my afternoon.
  • St. Thomas
    We took transportation from outside of the port to downtown and was very disappointed that we were in a flea market area with no bargain prices for goods. We then took it back to the buildings just outside the pier area and did some duty free shopping there.
    View All 4,676 St. Thomas Cruise Port Reviews