3. Viking Hermod
The bathroom floor is 2-3 inches higher than the stateroom floor. On the second night, I got up to use the bathroom and tripped and fell on the ledge. I hurt my back and my shin. I spent the entire next day in bed iceing my injuries. I was in moderate to mild pain the rest of the trip. Three weeks later, I still have bruises on my back and a bump on my shin. In my opinion, the stateroom is very poorly designed. I don't think most people expect to have to step up to entire the bathroom. Every other cruise line I have been on, has the bathroom floor on the same level as the stateroom floor. Several other people I spoke with complained about the design also. It seems as though Viking has neglected to consider the safety of its passengers. The ship was clean, the staff were friendly and helpful and the tour guides were very knowledgeable. Unfortunately, it was all over-shadowed by my fall and injury. I also must comment on the food. Many of the dishes were overcooked. The lamb was tough and dry, the fish dry and overcooked as was the coq au vin. The Eggs Benedict was good.

Dangerous Stateroom Design