3. Norwegian Epic
I have just returned from my first ever solo cruise. was worried about being on my own but need never have worried. signed up to a cc roll call and at the meet and greet met some great new friends who were really greatand always took the time to stop and chat when we met on this gigantic ship. I also for the first time took my mobility scooter and it was a fantastic hewlp getting around the really big ship. would have given the cruise a 5 * review but was very disappointed by the lack of variety of big shows in the epic theatre . legends was good , but was repeated several times. did not like burn the floor at all , just not up to n c l great show standards , and this too was also repeated several times. there are a lot of other entertainment venuse on board some shows were good some not so. the cirque show was great. the beatles tribute in fat cats were also very entertaining. I stayed in a studio cabin and thought it was really great plenty of space for one . didn't understand all the complaints about the small shower and toilet , im a big guy and I didn't struggle. the lighting was no where near as complicated as some of the previous reviews have stated , but it is fairly low level light. had a problem with the sliding wardrobe door sticking and it did take 5 or the 7 night cruise to get fixed but hey it didn't stop me having a great time. met several crew members who were on the jade last year and was totally surprised to be recognised by them , fantastic service. read bad reviews about the smoky atmosphere , I spent a lot of time in the casino and did not notice it at all. food. I booked the dinning package and chose to eat in cagneys every evening and absolutely loved it. didn't normally bother with breakfast just grabbing juice and pastries from the studio lounge. didn't even bother with lunch much but did taste once and while the food was good the service was really not up to cagneys standard . did o'sheans twice and while it was ok the food was , just that ok service was uninspiring. great things; fantastic crew. fantastic food. great ports of call. bad things: very slow bar service. quite rude bar tenders in the waves bar. lack of big shows I found one thing very strange that was if you wanted to get to the atrium and reception and could not walk stairs , as I cant , you had to go to the total other end of the ship take the elevator and go the entire length of the ship again as the elevators at the back of the ship do not stop on the 5th deck , goodness knows why they built it this way. as a studio cabin passenger I loved the studio lounge , except for the fact that there were some times families with children in there. to me this should be a kid free zone as old solo travellers like me don't like kids being allowed to run around unsupervised as these were . the final thing I can say about the whole cruise was IT WAS GREAT , im even thinking of re booking later in the year

Fantastic 5* cruise, except shows; they were 1*.

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by nottinghamsteve

• Sail Date: May 2015
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Studio

great things; fantastic crew. fantastic food. great ports of call.

the final thing I can say about the whole cruise was

IT WAS GREAT , im even thinking of re booking later in the year
nottinghamsteve’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Studio
Cabin T1 11511
great for one person
plenty of room
I took a mobility scooter and while the studio corridors were a little narrow still managed to get in ok and have room to store it in the cabin
lights were a little dim but not a great problem
don't understand the moans about the small toilet and shower I didn't have a problem
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• St. Paul de Vence Walking Tour
    too much walking for me , but had a great driver who was really helpful
    the tender transfer was a total nighmare as the ship had a faulty anchor chain and tenders were halted for a time making a 2 hour wait in line for the return tender trip
    View All 13 St. Paul de Vence Walking Tour Reviews