Our 3rd cruise aboard Marina. A beautifully decorated ship. Our penthouse suite 10039 was nicely appointed with more than enough storage (including walk in closet), large bathroom, writing desk and vanity. Thankfully I had my plug adapters with me so I could use both the North American and European style plug outlets (I travel with dual voltage curling irons, computers etc). The cruise had a nice balance between ports of call and sea days. Although the crew were hard working and provided good service it was my impression the crew:passenger ratio had decreased and each crew member was serving more people. As a result we often had to wait longer during meal service in the dining rooms and often we would return to our suite and it would not have been made up. Service was good but certainly not over the top as we have been accustomed to on our 7 previous cruises with Oceania. We pay a premium for this service on O and this time not certain if we got that value. This was the longest cruise we have taken but the cruise where we ate the least number of times in a specialty restaurant. Made my bookings the morning the reservations opened and even then unable to get my preferred dates and time. When on board even the butler unable to get us reservations! Mind you at least half the tables were empty whenever in the restaurants. Food was good but not as outstanding as on previous cruises. Although I did not use the fitness center, my husband raved about the Finnish trainer and all the remarks I heard about her from others were superlative. Enrichment speaker was excellent. Entertainment not great but certainly improving. The comedians were amusing. Cruise Director not my favourite and she really shouldn't have been interacting with guests while she was still hacking away (even though must have been cleared by the doctor). I had onboard credits to use up and disappointed shops had almost nothing in my size - only teeny & huge and was virtually no restocking during entire cruise. Never use Destination Services - tours are a rip off. e.g. 1 tour was priced at 129/pp, I walked 2 blocks and got same tour for $25/pp - need I say any more. For most of the cruise the ship was operating under Code Red as over 2% aboard were suffering with gastro intestinal problems (Executive Lounge food removed, passenger laundries closed, certain items removed from menus etc). Although we were not sick it did impact some of our enjoyment as we were taking precautions, being less social and not interacting with others, removal of certain services, disembarkation delays, worry, etc. With exception of the obligatory onboard announcements, Oceania has not contacted passengers to offer any thanks or form of compensation for their cooperation and inconvenience. Don't know whether this degradation is a result of the NCL takeover but Oceania needs to refocus on their core repeat cruisers who are prepared to pay a premium price for that premium level of service.

Good But Not Over the Top as Before

Marina Cruise Review by Mother Mucker

The cruise had a nice balance between ports of call and sea days.

Food was good but not as outstanding as on previous cruises.

Enrichment speaker was excellent.

Mother Mucker’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Marina price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin PH2 10039
Nicely appointed with more than enough storage (including walk in closet), large bathroom, writing desk and vanity. Quiet with staterooms above and below. Fun to watch the Pilots board and get off ship.

Would have been nice if the curtain between sleeping and sitting areas could be drawn so as not to wake a sleeping partner and more plugs (or plug adapters provided)
Deck 11 Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins