3. Celebrity Solstice
After waiting 2 months after a disasterous Constellation cruise, I have to say this cruise was FABULOUS.. It took that very, very bad taste out of my mouth and Alaska was awesome! It had been 6 years since my last cruise there and I am so glad I finally decided to go back. Weather was in the 50's/60's throughout the week and Mother Nature shone down upon us with SUNNY days too...one small drizzle (that I remember) but SUN 99% of the time. Cabin was a CC 9134....Cabin attendant and assistant were both very good. Cabin was starboard, forward, could see the bridge. I went back to Traditional Dining (after trying select a couple of times and one cruise purchased the Ulitmate Dining Package). I had terrific tablemates and the food and service were all very good. 2 nights I went Specialty....once in Tuscan and once I went to a Wine Connessiour Dinner, which was also held in Tuscan but had a separate menu and it was a great evening.....lots and lots of wine. I went to a couple of shows, which is a rarity for me these days and I enjoyed both. I also went to see both Comedians and laughed a lot. I had booked this on the 1.2.3. Promotion and had a very large OBC. It paid for 2 excursions.....whale watching in Juneau and we saw LOTS of whales too.....and in Skagway I took the train ride.....simply beautiful scenery. I took a floatplane tour in Ketchikan with Island Wings. I used them 6 years ago and Michelle is awesome....owner and Pilot. The OBC also paid for my upgrade on the drink package to premium and my specialty dinners and specialty lunch in Murano....I still had credit left so I bought a new watch. I received an invitation to the Heliopad the morning for Tracey Arm and it was awesome!.....enjoyed that very much. I found the crew/staff all really nice and the officers were quite visible. The CC gathering was held on Saturday morning in Cellarmasters at 10:15 and we had about 30-40 people show up. Ben Powney showed up (CD) he was very nice and I know there were a few other officers there but can't think of all of them right now. I had a great week and am happy to say this was much more of the Celebrity I am used to sailing. Oh yea, the negatives? I know many folks say they throw out reviews that are all postive or all negative. The regular coffee can still be improved and I still like the "OLD" Elite Breakfast better than what they offer now but overall the cruise was wonderful. Oh, thanks to the friendly people I met in person who were on the roll call.....it was always nice seeing smiling faces throughout the cruises. For those of you sailing this summer? I hope you have as fun a cruise to Alaska as I did! Enjoy yourselves!

The Celebrity I Am Used to Sailing

Lois R’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Solstice price drops

Concierge Class
Cabin C3 9134
CC class cabin. Good attendants and could see the bridge..waved to the Captain and received a wave back.
Sky Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Whale Watching
    Took the whale watching tour and it was terrific.....saw lots of whaels, porpoises, and sea lions....Capt was very good and everyone was courteous and friendly. It was a very good tour.
    View All 841 Whale Watching Reviews
  • Misty Fjords Flightseeing
    Took a floatplane tour with Island Wings......FANTASTIC.....I had used them before and knew I would book with them again. Had an 8am time and they gave specific instructions where to meet......everything was terrific!
    View All 154 Misty Fjords Flightseeing Reviews
  • White Pass Scenic Railway
    Took the train and the scenery was awesome. The conductor was excellent and gave us really good information. I had a lot of fun and everyone on the train was friendly.....definitely recommend this train ride.
    View All 1,105 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews