3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
It was nice to be a part of history, and the food was quite better. The grandness one sees is fake, however. For example, the handrails in the too-long passenger corridors are plastic-laminate covered plastic poles that are peeling. There is black mold in the tile grout of the bathrooms. Attendants do a poor job of cleaning beyond cursory wipes. To be truly grand, it needs to be real and pristine, or at least real and real clean. It was disappointing enough to ensure never being selected again for even basic transportation. Cunard makes RC look better. Got quickly tired of the baking-soda carpet vacuum sprinkle smell, and made me ashamed I used to use that 20 years ago. Lavender Surprise smells like 'Surprised to Be Alive' after the first 817 applications and vacuum-ups. It would be a fun time, they said. It would be, IF I HAD ONE. Cunard had one job to do, one. Ok, well they did do that one. Just poorly. The dining room head manager was a snob that refused to help us with the muster drill because neither of us got all of the information that blared out on the speakers, even when it was pointed out to him that I am hearing-impaired. He said "just copy what everybody else does". Well maybe he's right, I should copy him and be an arrogant snob that doesn't give a toss, but he was supposed to be working for Cunard, I was supposed to be the snobby passenger with my nose up in the air but I could not get over the Lavender Surprise yet. It would be grand, they said. Grand! Well it was a grand pile of ______. Other than that, it was a pleasant time partaking in oxygen consumption. Very nice oxygen it was. IF I HAD GOTTEN ENOUGH. The embarkation and disembarkation was the first time experiencing what it must be like to wait 980 years in the lobby of the spirit realm as portrayed in the movie Beetlejuice. It made me wanted to say his name three times, just to make any progress, even if only one inch. Went to the bathroom three times as exercise just to keep the blood under my fingernails circulating. Mind you, however, the boat did stay on top of the water, despite the sinking feeling. Rose, promise me you will have thousands of babies and when they grow up promise me they will never sail Cunard as I want you to be happy, I want them to be happy, I want everyone to live on, and on - and not go on and on about it like I do. We did see a whale towards the end of the journey as we approached the coast of America. It was the second time experiencing such a sight on the same cruise. Unfortunately the first time was just the stateroom mirror. The day before the last day, there was an injury in the laundry room, an employee got hurt. He got hurt bad enough that the US Coast Guard sent a helicopter and a plane to do a medical evacuation. They would not let us out onto Deck 6 outside to see what was going on. Do suspect they knew we would try to catch a ride with them, just to get off the boat one day sooner. Hope he is OK, though. I will have to stop here, before you feel like getting onto one of the Cunard Queens just to get away from this review. My wife and I met on the internet in 2001, got engaged in 2002, and married in 2003, and we now enjoy cruising together. Travel To Port of Embarkation We cruised to Barcelona, flew to Bristol, rode to Southampton, and embarked QM2 there. Hotel Info (if any) None - stayed with relatives in Tiverton for two days. Embarkation As stated previously, it was a long drawn-out unorganized process. A glance at other reviews show this to be correct. Stateroom 6295 on Deck 6 - the last cabin to the rear. Dining We did eat in the main dining room Brittania a couple of times, but enjoyed the King's Court Buffet more. Activities Watching the helicopter was fun, and the Planetarium was unique. Children's Clubs N/A - Do no have any children, despite being petulant at times. Staff & Service Food Staff and Service excellent for the most part, Dining and Stateroom Staff and Service not so much. Entertainment The Planetarium was good entertainment. The museum-like halls with pictures entertained as well. Shore Excursions There were no excursions, as it went from Southampton to New York with no stops. Disembarkation Almost as bad as Embarkation. Summary In all, we ain't gonna do this again.

I could be a snob, they said. IF I WAS ONE

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by SaraPoo

It would be a fun time, they said. It would be, IF I HAD ONE.

Cunard had one job to do, one.

Ok, well they did do that one.

Just poorly.

It would be grand, they said. Grand!

Well it was a grand pile of ______.

Other than that, it was a pleasant time partaking in oxygen consumption.

Very nice oxygen it was. IF I HAD GOTTEN ENOUGH.

Travel To Port of Embarkation

Hotel Info (if any)

None - stayed with relatives in Tiverton for two days.

Stateroom

6295 on Deck 6 - the last cabin to the rear.

Activities

Watching the helicopter was fun, and the Planetarium was unique.

Children's Clubs

N/A - Do no have any children, despite being petulant at times.

Staff & Service

Disembarkation

Almost as bad as Embarkation.

Summary

In all, we ain't gonna do this again.
SaraPoo’s Full Rating Summary