3. Oasis of the Seas
This was our 9th cruise, our 4th Royal Caribbean, and second time on Oasis. We had enjoyed it so much the first time, that we didn't even look at anything else when we began the search for our next cruise. We chose the Eastern route, since we had done Western last time. I did miss the private island stop this time, but I love St. Maarten, so I guess they are pretty close to being equal itineraries in my book. We went a day early - always a good plan if you can swing it. Learned that the hard way when we nearly missed a sailing, due to a sudden storm at the airport. We stayed in the Residence Inn by Marriott Intracoastal and loved it. I believe this is an all suites hotel. The staff was very accommodating, gave us an upgraded room with a beautiful view of the intracoastal from our balcony. Everything was clean; the room was spacious, the bathroom huge and complimentary breakfast was provided. We were in walking distance of a new waterside burger place, "Bokampers" - (great burgers), the beach, and the water taxi. The only negative is the distance from the airport; our taxi fare was over $40, and the hotel does not have shuttle service. Second time aboard Oasis and loved almost every minute of it. (Can't say I love the art auctions, but my husband does) The room was very, very clean. Our room attendant might have been the best I have ever had. He was around; he called us by name every time we saw him in the hall; he was friendly, and took care of little details for us. He did his job superbly! The entertainment was wonderful; I enjoyed all of it. I have seen varying reviews of "Cats," but I thought it was amazing! There was a brand new cast on board on our sailing, and they were some of the best dancers I have ever seen. Like others have said, there were those who didn't come back after Intermission. I believe if you really enjoy dance and music, you will like it; it is different from a typical play in that it does not contain lots of plot and dialogue. All the entertainment gets an A in my book. The acapella group was excellent and entertaining, as well. And I laughed until I was hoarse at the last night family comedy show in the Opal Theater. There are so many activities available that it is impossible to do them all. Don't even try; you'll be exhausted. I loved the Zip line, enjoyed the cup cake decorating class and they were truly delicious (although I'm not absolutely sure it's worth $22),& loved Zumba on the Sports Deck. The free stretch class in the gym was nice. Manicures and hair salon were nice, service was excellent, and the staff enjoyable to talk with. Prices for these services were not much more than I would pay locally. Do try to snag a chair for two in the Solarium pool area. They are so comfortable and snugly, but very hard to come by. They are in great demand, so you just have to be watching for someone to get up. If you are an ice skater, the rink may not be big enough for you, but never having been on ice skates (from South Louisiana) I enjoyed trying and the rink was fine for me (also a free activity). Royal Caribbean has cut down on the number of PA announcements. There are very few - this is very nice. No more ("time to get your Bingo cards") announcements disturbing your peace and quiet. The food in the MDR was much better than I expected. I have had food on RCI cruises that I really found not edible, really terrible. This time, the food was really quite good and our wait staff was really, really good, paying attention to any request we made, offering suggestions for dinner, and basically, making our evening meal a delight. We even chose to forgo specialty dining this time, except for an afternoon trip to Johnny Rockets, and one to Sabor for table side guacamole ($4.00) and salsa. If you enjoy Mexican, it's a nice afternoon snack or light lunch. We took the Pirate Museum and island tour at Nassau booked through the ship. I don't really think it was a good value. I did enjoy the museum, but one could just as easily tour the museum on his own and save quite a bit. At some of the forts on the tour, we were basically dropped off and asked to pay another local guide at the fort. Would not recommend this tour be purchased through the ship - but if you like pirate folklore you will enjoy the museum. On St. Maarten we took a segue way tour. Booked it ourselves once we got there, right on the Boardwalk area of Phillipsburg. Ask anyone and they will point you in the right direction. It was not difficult, lots of fun, and a good value. We paid $30. per person for about 30 to 45 minutes, maybe a little more. Overall, I believe the ship excursions are overpriced, but there are times when it is wise to go with a ship tour -- depending on your port. Both embarkation and disembarkation were good, maybe not great; but considering the number of passengers they are dealing with, I think they do an admirable job, and I have no complaints.

AAAH! What More Can I Say?

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by jsm1225

jsm1225’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Our balcony room, #11148, had the configuration in which the bed is first and the sofa is by the balcony doors. Last time on the Oasis, our room was opposite, bed by balcony and sofa first. I believe that makes a lot of difference in the roominess of the stateroom. I had not realized what a difference that little detail could make. It seemed difficult to maneuver around the bed to get to the closet; it got a little crowded. Next time, I will try to choose a room with sofa first. By the way, there is plenty of storage for those who, like me, pack way too much.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans