• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Azamara Journey Review

Editor Rating
67 Awards

A Wonderful First Cruise Experience!

Review for Azamara Journey to the Eastern Mediterranean
JoeMama#1
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2015
Cabin: Club Oceanview Stateroom

I was really nervous before taking my first cruise. I read so many reviews regarding different issues that passengers had. I was so relieved the minute I walked into the port. The staff was courteous and very efficient getting us on board the ship. Upon arrival to our room, our bags were outside our door. The room was clean and very adequate.

My husband and I both found the staff incredibly courteous and accommodating. I found it helpful that we participated in the ship tour to get to know the ship itself.

The food was good. I thought the buffet had a great variety and good tasting food. We did not eat at the specialty restaurants. I liked that you could basically find food at any hour. I especially enjoyed room service and the Mosaic Café for coffee.

Club Oceanview Stateroom

I thought the room was a great location right off the elevator hallway. I didn't hear a thing as far as noise from guests or the elevator itself. The stairs were right there too for a quick run to the Mosaic Café for coffee and a snack.

The room was clean. The attendant kept us well stocked with beverages, water, towels, etc. The bed was comfortable. My personal preference, I don't like throw pillows or extra spreads. They just scream germs to me. But that is my preference. The bathroom is small but after all it is a cruise ship. I thought it was adequate.

Port Reviews

Sorrento

We love Sorrento. We walked the city using Rick Steves guidebook. We found a few delightful restaurants and just enjoyed relaxing and browsing the museums and streets.

Find an Azamara Journey Cruise from $1,679