3. Azamara Journey
I was really nervous before taking my first cruise. I read so many reviews regarding different issues that passengers had. I was so relieved the minute I walked into the port. The staff was courteous and very efficient getting us on board the ship. Upon arrival to our room, our bags were outside our door. The room was clean and very adequate. My husband and I both found the staff incredibly courteous and accommodating. I found it helpful that we participated in the ship tour to get to know the ship itself. The food was good. I thought the buffet had a great variety and good tasting food. We did not eat at the specialty restaurants. I liked that you could basically find food at any hour. I especially enjoyed room service and the Mosaic Café for coffee. I appreciated all of the hand sanitizer stations for the hands but would have liked to have seen a few more signs instructing passengers about hand washing, as hand washing is a more effective method to prevent the Norovirus. For us, the entertainment was fine. Probably too quiet for some but it was perfect for us. My only request would be to offer more live music performances for evening dancing. I really enjoyed the White Party. The cruise sponsored excursions were great and we took a few private tours as well. The disembarkation to ports and when departing were very organized and didn't really take long at all. A nice touch, refreshing towels and water upon arrival to the tender for return to the ship. I could "nit pick" and find some inconsequential thing to complain about but I can't imagine the task of pleasing everyone all the time. So thank you staff of the Journey for a great first cruise experience. My only problem is that I keep waking up in the middle of the night wondering where I am at! I'm sure I will figure it our eventually!

A Wonderful First Cruise Experience!

Azamara Journey Cruise Review by JoeMama#1

JoeMama#1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azamara Journey price drops

Club Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin 06 6056
I thought the room was a great location right off the elevator hallway. I didn't hear a thing as far as noise from guests or the elevator itself. The stairs were right there too for a quick run to the Mosaic Café for coffee and a snack.
The room was clean. The attendant kept us well stocked with beverages, water, towels, etc. The bed was comfortable. My personal preference, I don't like throw pillows or extra spreads. They just scream germs to me. But that is my preference. The bathroom is small but after all it is a cruise ship. I thought it was adequate.
Deck 4 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Blue Mosque
    A private guide took us through the city and the sights. I learned that guides have "connections" with retail services and restaurants that benefit them and I need to be aware of that in the future. No insult to the guide, a wonderful guide.
    View All 78 Blue Mosque Reviews
  • Grand Bazaar
    I was disappointed with the bazaar itself not the guide, just seemed like a lot of "stuff" that all of us don't need to buy. The market must have been incredible years ago.
    View All 63 Grand Bazaar Reviews
  • Hagia Sofia
    Beautiful! What can I say. A lovely experience. The tour guide gave us descriptions of history and the structure itself. She made the decision to adjust the time of our visit by the crowds. Experience helps when being a guide.
    View All 62 Hagia Sofia Reviews
  • Spice Market
    No reflection on guide, I just didn't care for the crowds and all of the items being sold. I also was very upset with myself that I gave into the retail owner of a spice stall and purchased spices. I can buy any type of spices from around the world in my community. Ridiculous purchase.
    View All 25 Spice Market Reviews
  • Underground Cistern
    Loved this historical sight. My only issue, I wish we would have spent more time there. It was very interesting. One thing I am learning about traveling with a private guide, be specific about how much time you prefer to spend at certain sights and what your interest are. Of course, no reflection on guide.
    View All 29 Underground Cistern Reviews
  • Island of Delos
    Lovely guide. She gave us a lot of history and moved throughout the sight at a good pace. We were fortunate that we had great weather. A wonderful historical sight to see.
    View All 93 Island of Delos Reviews
  • Amalfi
    We had a nice day driving with Carmello in Amalfi and Postitano. I would have liked the guide to accompany us in Ravello to describe more history. We had a lovely day.
    View All 13,924 Amalfi Reviews
  • Oia Village
    Guide was very good. I think I would have liked a little more info regarding Santorini itself. Efficient and well organized getting on bus and driving to city.
    View All 228 Oia Village Reviews
  • Oia Wine Tasting
    Basically a tour of a store room not a real production area. Maybe they did make wine in the room but to a tourist it really didn't appear so. The tasting itself was efficient but we did not care for the wine but the olives were fabulous.
    View All 98 Oia Wine Tasting Reviews
  • Sorrento
    We love Sorrento. We walked the city using Rick Steves guidebook. We found a few delightful restaurants and just enjoyed relaxing and browsing the museums and streets.
    View All 117 Sorrento Cruise Port Reviews