3. Celebrity Constellation
We sailed on the spring 13 day transatlantic to Rome ,previous Celebrity cruise was on Silhouette last summer.embarkation was fairly painless as we were Select members. We did have a bit of a wait for our cabins and used this to get better acquainted with the ship.we went to the caffe al Bacio and had excellent service and delicious coffees and cake. However this was the last time we received any great service on deck 3 or 4. We have been on 12 cruises in total. Our cabin was an oceanview 7000 and ver spacious , looking out over the helipad. Cabin attendants wear excellent and perhaps a bit too zealous as we were walked in on a few times even after we placed the do not disturb sign on the door We had the bar setup in the cabin and everything arrived on time.this is where things start to fall apart. We called to confirm our select dining and were told the only time was 9 pm. I Explained that would be too late but they said nothing could be done so we ate in the Oceanview Grill that evening and as it turned out for the rest of the cruise. I will explain later... Anyway we enjoyed the meals in the Oceanview and the staff were very hard working but cutbacks were very obvious and I felt sorry for them. Evenings were the best times to obtain seating as the rest of the time it was a zoo and we had problems getting food and a table there. The next evening I called down again and again was told no seating was available at the time we wanted, neither 5.30 nor 6 o'clock. At this point I became annoyed and explained that we had paid for select dining and it was suggested that we try the pay for food venues. I had to argue and finally we were told to show up at 6 pm. We went to the dining room and were seated where we proceeded to wait for twenty minutes before a waiter arrived. I saw staff standing around and giggling. We then left the dining room and did not return. The maître d called and asked why and we explained service was too slow. Just asked for our cabin number. This set a pattern on this cruise.

Last transatlantic with this cruise line

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by kborth