Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by mac_attac

• Sail Date: May 2015
  • Destination: France
  • Cabin Type: undefined

I've been on a number of cruises, none with Royal Caribbean before and never on a ship so fantastically technological - it was an experience.

Firstly; Royal Caribbean were very good. Their embarkation; provided you fill in all the forms online prior to arriving; is the best I've ever used. From port to ship in under 5 minutes - basically just walked on.

Their service on board was very good, a few rough edges, but it's a new ship.

The amenities and facilities on board are out of this world, never have I seen so much to do & been so spoiled for choice.

Secondly; their technology is breaking waves. It's certainly out there, on the right tracks but needs some refining and tweaking here and there. I loved the ability to open my room door with the RFID tag wrist bands and I liked that this could be scanned for a number of things including dinner reservations and purchasing drinks. However, this is where it falls down a little bit, after scanning the band to pay for drinks I still needed to sign the receipt, this for me, just interrupts and spoils the customer interface with the technology. Same at the Bionic Bar - another great idea, but it's slower than a bar tender & you have to collect drinks on at a time.

Like I say, they are on the right tracks, but refinement is required.

mac_attac's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Balcony 11700

Cabin, as you'd expect on a brand new ship was spotlessly clean, very well appointed and a pleasant place to be. The bathroom was one of the best I've seen on a ship, the shower was very powerful, which is unexpected on a ship that size. There was more than enough space for everything, including empty cases under the bed etc. I loved that it had both Europe and American style sockets, but most importantly for me - USB charge ports. I never needed anything other than my phone cable. TV channel selection was pretty poor - even BBC had Polish adverts in the programs. This would be one of the most negative factors, for me, so if you can live with that you'll love it.

Southampton

Airport is very small & nothing to do, but it's quite quiet in my experience. Very mixed experience of the Airport to Cruise Port Transfer company: Checker Cars.

City Tour

Very good tour. Covers all you can expect to see in one afternoon. We seen the main sites, tried some chocolates and beers & enjoyed the lovely city. Tour guider really knew his info, spoke good English & maintained a good pace around walking.

View All 32 City Tour Reviews