3. Seven Seas Navigator
This was our fifth cruise with Regent and the first on the Navigator, which is a smaller ship for 490 passengers. Check in was efficient and our suite was ready at 2:00 P.M. as promised. We were in the Penthouse A level on deck 11. The suite was clean and enough room for us. The suite came with butler service, which was very efficient, friendly and helpful. Both the butler and suite attendants always seemed cheerful and quickly learned our daily routine and worked around it. Overall, the service on the ship was excellent. There are several choices for dining, but we found the Verandah and the Sette Mari to our liking. The Compass Rose did not seem to meet the same standards as on the other Regent Ships. We went on several Regent excursions and found them to be enjoyable. We also went out on our own at several ports as the long bus rides and constant waiting for other passengers to keep a schedule gets tiresome. We had one major problem during the cruise: VIBRATIONS. Most of the public areas had some vibrations, but we were able to accept that. The most annoying and discouraging aspect of these vibrations was in our suite whenever the ship was in motion. Everything placed on the furniture rattled and the bed shook constantly, making sleep a luxury. It led to several afternoon naps when the ship was in port in order to catch up on our shuteye. I made an appointment to meet with the general manager, who was most polite and understanding. However, the ship was fully booked so we were stuck. The most disturbing part was his acknowledgment that others had complained about the vibrations but Regent had apparently not done anything to remedy the situation. He assured me that he would pass on my issues to the corporate office, which I appreciated but did not help us sleep! We have traveled the world and consider ourselves savvy travelers. If Regent knew about the vibration problem, which a cursory look at other reviews on this website will confirm, then it should make a full disclosure to prospective passengers. It may scare some people away, but in a competitive marketplace, it is the right thing to do. I looked at a new car several years ago and the sales manager indicated the manufacturer was still working on some issues. With that knowledge in mind, I bought a different model from the same dealer. Regent is charging higher prices for upgraded suites such as ours and not disclosing the problems that go along with the suite. Why ruin an expensive vacation by having to sleep in a bed that feels like a washing machine in the rinse cycle?

Vibration City